Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

uncontrollable muscle spasming in back of thigh, could this be nerves?

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
For about 2 weeks I've had this uncontrollable muscle spasming in the back of my right thigh. I have sciatic pain that goes down my right leg all the way down my leg to calf and numbness, pins and needles in both legs. The spasms don't hurt, they are just annoying. It doesn't matter if I am relaxed, laying down, sitting etc.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Right SI joint injection was done on Thursday and seems to be wearing off already. The pain is starting to come back and going back down my right leg again.
advertisement

Comments

• My symptoms came on very gradually over time. At first, it was just heaviness and weakness in my legs. Having been a tennis player, I would do stretches and strengthening exercises and nothing would get better. Then I started getting those spasms you describe and I simultaneously saw an article about Lou Gehrigs disease and, boy, that got me to the doctor. That was eleven years ago, and yes, an irritated nerve can cause all kinds of wierd stuff, including spasms and P-A-I-N. The how was explained to me once but I don't remember. Sorry. Susan.
  • Compressed or irritated nerves can cause all types of issues that you may not always think are related to the nerve issues. Spasms definitely being one of them.
  • I get kinda the same thing when I lay down it feels like I can feel my heart beat in my lower back but cheek area.I've been told it's nerves by my doctor , I'm sorry to tell you but there is not much you can do for it, I've tried muscle relaxers ,streches , walking and resting none of which helped .If anybody has a diferent idea please let me know it's kinda annoying.