Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surprise ER visit today

anjuanaanjuan Posts: 236
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I thought I had posted about my problems, but I can't find the post, so I will start from the beginning. On Friday I had posted how well I was doing and that my surgeon had taken my stickes out. He had encouraged me to be up and about so yesterday we went to a store to get an ergonomic chair (being delivered Tuesday =D> ).

Well, when we got home my back felt a little wet. I thought maybe it was just a little discharge from the incision. I changed my clothes and layed in bed. I little while later I felt a lot of wetness under my incision area. My incision had bled a lot through my clothes and the bed. My DH looked at the incision and it had split open at the top. So, I called my surgeon who asked me to cover it with a bandage, watch it, and call back in the morning with the status to see if the bleeding stoped on its own. Well, it didn't stop and I went through several pjs last night. So, I called him back this morning and he told me to go to the ER to have some stiches put back in and he would hav them prescribe a strong antibiotic.

Well, I hate ERs and I know that they can end up as a long trip. Thankfully when I went in my surgeon had called ahead so they they knew exactly what was going on. Unfortunately they had several sick babies there so I wasn't the top priority (poor babies!). So, after they cleaned out the incision they put two stiches back in and bandaged it up. The stickes actuallly weren't bad. The worse part was that they had me lay on my side, and I had to stay that way for close to two hours while they worked on others. :''( As many of you know that can get quite uncomfortable! So they gave me the antibiotic script and we headed out 3 hours later.

So, I guess for me it has been several steps forward, and one back. I was worried that I had overdone things and asked me surgeon, but he said this just happens sometimes. He still wants me to be up and about a lot. I got home and just crashed. Of course aunt flo showed up today also. I was so emotionally drained I just bauled and crashed when I got home. :''( I really see now how this is a long process.
advertisement

Comments

• I am so sorry to hear that you had to go through all of that at the ER. They are not my favorite place either. I know your doc told you to be up and about alot but I would be very gentle with yourself and listen to your body. Sometimes your body will tell you things your doctor will not.

Aunt Flo sure picks the best times to show up doesn't she? That b!tch. X(

I am knowing that you are going to get past this hiccup and move forward to recovery with grace and ease.

One Love,

Stephanie