Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I fell

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
9 months post plif.........Tonight I fell and I'm scared to death. I appear to be fine, fell in the house, landed on carpet, and fell flat on my butt.

What do you think? Am I fused and solid at 9 months with no reason to worry or is my fear reasonable?

UUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHH! Has this happened to anyone else???
advertisement

Comments

• How did you do that? Were you on a ladder? Ice packs should help. If you're still sore tomorrow you should call your Dr. but I hope you're feeling better. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • My husband was fused at L5 S1(same area as mine, lol), and he did fall on the ice about 6 months after surgery. He had xrays done at his follow up after, and it didnt appear to hurt anything. I hope that you are okay. I am sure it hurt!!!!!!!
  • :) hi! i fell off my front steps a couple of weeks ago and landed on my back. it was very painful and i bruised up alot. i was so scared i had hurt something inside. wound up with a muscle strain over my left side sciatic nerve. it has gotten better with time!! please take it easy and don't let your imagination run wild. i am sure with rest you will be just fine. if your pain persists and you are worried then of course contact your doctor. good luck! be careful this time of year! Jenny :)
  • Yes, it has happened to quite a few of us. At 9 months I would think that the odds are in your favour, but you may well be quite sore the next day. If you have any worries or any pain persists for more than a couple of days, consult your doctor.

All the best... Bruce
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• when we do this and as Bruce said a lot of us have. I fell at 6 weeks and had a panic attack as I was on my own but I was fine. My Dr had told me that I would pretty much have to fall out a 1st story window to cause any damage.
    So take heart and relax. CAll your Dr if you feel things are not good but just rest for a day or two if you feel sore.
    At 9 months you should be pretty right.

Blessings Sara O:)
  • Three months after my fusion, I fell from a jungle gym at a park rescuing a child I was babysitting. My Doc told me that it takes a lot to break any hardware as the screws are very sturdy. I had no damge to the bone-just a bruise. Hope this helps. #:S
advertisement