Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

i just need to vent!!!

tammycttammyc Posts: 894
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
8} boy thats what i feel like these days! :))( i went to therapy yesterday ,my therapist told me that if i was doing an exercise and i started having pain to stop,so i ended up only doing half of the things i was supposed to do.By the end i felt like i was going to throw up. :sick: I thought that the anti inflammatories were helping until i started to exercise then it all came rushing back.I hate this so much,i feel like i'm going in circles and not getting anywhere.Then after that i came home and hoped to get some rest,my son has a girlfriend and a little daughter who is only one and they've been having problems lately,no big surprise there both very young,18and 19yrs old.She has a very strained relationship with both her parents and we have grown pretty close so of course she comes to me to talk to and now i'm getting sucked into there arguements.Man i can't handle anymore stress!!!!! ~X( its certainly not helping my back,just making things worse.Please someone help me i feel like i need a miracle,i just want out of all of this! 8}
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry you're going through that. Hope it feels better to vent. You did half the excercises so that's a great accomplishment. You're getting stronger everyday and you'll do a little more at a time. Tell your son it's time out for Mom and not good to argue in front of the baby. He's so young for a relationship. She shouldn't be coming to you just tell her keep it just between the two of you as it's hard to be objective as a third party. Maybe they need some counseling and perhaps some churches don't charge anything or what you can afford. It's also sad to see your son hurt and in a troubled relationship. I hope things get better so you can concentrate on your physio and your home excercises if you've started them yet. It should be all about you right now. Pamper yourself if you're able to hole up and watch tv, or get to a mall, read a book (me time) is important. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I can see from your siggy that you have a very bad back and some very powerful pain involved. It's bad enough to try to manage it without getting involved with emotional pain as well. As much as you love your son and your grandchild and his mother, they need to showed you some respect and not burden you at such a vulnerable time. I speak from experience, you just can't handle it-the pain does something to your brain so it's hard to cope. You don't need anymore stress hormones in your brain or body. Please tell them you love them, but they must respect your agony and needs at this time and could they please be willing to act like caring adults, if not for your sake, then for the sake of their son. Yes, it's called tough love.

I hope you feel better soon. I feel so ashamed when I snap at my mother (she has dementia and lives with me) but my husband, bless him, is doing double duty while I recover so I am less stressed over the minor, but endless issues that come up living with someone with memory loss. Take care of yourself-or who will? Good luck!
  • I've been stuck between two arguing parties, both parties for whom I cared very much for. There came a time I just told them that they would have to take their problems to somebody who could help them more than I could. Preferably a professional. I just could not take the stress of their problems on top of my own.

Yes, it did make for some uncomfortable moments, but that eventually passed.

Just be sure to be as kind as possible when telling them this. But that is something that needs to be done, for your own sake!

Best of luck to you and this situation.