Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not available that much

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
I want to let everyone know that I haven't been ignoring all the posts, but as some of you know, I am having some flareups going on. Normally a couple of days and I am back on my feet, this is taking a bit longer. I am scheduling a MRI, because my Doctor believes there is some cervical nerve damage going on, plus my neck muscles have trapped themselves with my upper back muscles, so I really cant move all that well.
I try to get on when I can, I cant always post, since typing has been a chore recently..
But I will be back..
This is ONLY a temporary setback and I will return
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• HI ON,

Good luck wth your mri, i hope everything is alright. The weather here is making me flare up too. Besides all the viruses going around with the kids.... I hope you feel better, Use that heating pad, it works great for me..

You know how they say m oist heat but the ones you buy is this stupid pad with a thing spongey pad doesnt do it for me. I invented my own i hope this helps.

use a dish towel or hand towel, wet it completely wring it out but not fully place it in a zip lock baggie and put it in the microwave for 1-3 minutes.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL IT GETS REALLY HOT!!!! wrap it in another thin towel and theres some real moist heat. It really workds..

but please it can get really hot so be careful and keep checking the tempature as you microwave, i like mine really hot because i wrap it in another towel.

feel better

dawn
  • BTW

Slow down on all the avatar's! to much work maybe causing your flare up...lol no really take a break
  • Next time have the dog sit on your lap. JK!! Hope you have a better days and see you back soon :)
  • hope you feel better soon,take care....
  • I hope you're feeling better by now.

But, I haven't seen your name on the "online users" list, so, GET BETTER SOON... I had a bad flare this weekend myself. Yuck! :''(

We miss you. And your thought-provoking topics of conversation.

Jeaux

• Whatever the MRI may say, I hope your doctors take good care of you and provide you with the best treatment possible. We'll be thinking of you and take care of yourself.
  • Ron,
    I am sorry to hear you are having flare ups and I pray you get releif soon.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
    Jeaux, thought provoking? Hmm, give me a day or so to come up with something.
    I went in for the MRI today... I was mentally prepared. No matter how many times I've had MRI's and know exactly what to expect, I still DONT LIKE THEM!
    They put on a nice set of headphones, but the volume was so low, I had to strain to hear, but heck, that was a good way to get my mind of being in the tube. And this headphone had an attached sweatband (or at least I think it did) so, I didnt have to worry about salty sweat dripping into my eyes.
    I kept on thinking, what IF I pressed the buzzer they gave me? When they yank me out? Would I get stuck , because they were yanking me out to fast? Has the Neurontin pound up made it harder for me inside?
    It's amazing how many different things go through your head when you are inside the MRI tube. No matter how many times, I convinced myself to drift off and think of nice things (cant say them here), I kept coming back to
    "WHY? Why am I in this stupid tube, I wanta get out!"
    Just about the time, I was going to hit the 'red' switch, the voice came online. "Its Over" - Hah, nothing to it.
    I did come out of the tube, no extra help needed, but I couldnt get off the table. I couldnt put my arm down to help me up, and I was just they sorta like flapping like a fish out of water... I finally got up, got dressed , rushed him with CD in hand to diagnose my MRI (Yeh I know, I keep saying to everyone, no member is trained to read MRI, so you need to talk to your doctor)... Well OK, BUT I
    can READ MY Own! I started comparing this MRI with the last one.. It was strange, I couldn't identify the discs.
    Then after a while, (my brain was sorta slow today) I realized I was comparing my Lumbar MRI with a Cervical MRI!
    See, now you know why I tell everyone, we cant read MRI information!

Thanks again for everyone's nice words and thoughtful nes about my current situation.. As George Harrison put int
    "All Things Must Pass"

Jeaux, get better, get the flare up out of your system and get ready for Christmas.
  • So what did the Mri say? Have you been to the doc yet for the answer? You may have posted it here some place but that would take me to long to find...hehehe. Ron I hope nothing to serious is found but do let us know the results, if you feel like sharing? Hope you at least were able to enjoy some of the holiday?
  • I just read your post Ron. I am really sorry you have been experiencing some problems again. You can't get sick on us! What would we do without you? I hope the results of the MRI will help your doc give you the best treatment options. By the way, my clinic is all computerized now, so when they do an X_ray or an MRI, by the time I reach my doc's office the picture is already on the screen. Neat, eh?

Wishing you a speedy recovery Ron!

Best wishes for (a better) new year!

Kin
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,733
    The MRI results came back today and it was good to see that there hasnt been significant disc problems since my last cervical MRI in 2003.
    However, what it did show was the the arthritis in my neck has been increasing rapidly.
    So, after thinking about it all, I am still glad that there was no additional damage sinche the last cervical MRI, but that arthritis is still progressing and arthritis is something you have to deal with, even though there are ways to combat it. Just the thought in knowing how fast the cervical arthritis is going, along with my lumbar arthritis and shoulders/knees/etc is that later in time its just going to be worse and thats something I am not looking forward to.

We still can't explain whhy I have had this flareup. Its like I was setback a year, in terms of pain and the need for medication. My deep tissue guy is puzzled. He worked on my neck today (and I thought DTM on the pecks and calves was painful) I have still been a little lightheaded and strong headaches since this morning's therapy.
    My master (which I can just about call him) is that right now, my spinal is out of whack a bit and my neck and thoracic areas are taking the blunt.
    Still no fear, I know that the DTM will get me back on track and I've scheduled with my Pain Management doctor 3 months of acupuncture.
    All this will get be back to where I was last December

But do excuse me, computer access time has been and will be somewhat limited
advertisement