Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Home!!!!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey everyone!!!! I finally got to go home last night in the snow and cold of las vegas. weird eh? we moved out here to get away from the snow and cold yet we got i think about 1/2 an inch that stuck :-) the surgeon says everything went great in the OR. I don't remember a thing past moving from the gurney to the table. I woke up in recovery in alot of pain and shaking like a mad man. they got me comfortable right quick between iv pushed drugs and warm blankets. I had a pain pump for the first day. Right now 2 perocets and i'm a happy camper. they had me up and walking at 10pm the day of the surgery. Its soooo nice to be home again. finally had a bm this morning and I feel so much better!!!! recovery or bust :-D
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome Home, Rich. I am glad to hear that you made it through with flying colors. I am so happy that they were able to get your pain under control.

Yeah, snow in Vegas is crazy!

One Love,

Stephanie
  • Welcome home. That's great everything went well with your surgery! YAY! Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Glad to hear all went well for you =D> Hope you have a speedy and uneventful recovery. >:D<
  • Welcome home. It sounds like you are doing really well. A BM already, and down to 2 percocets for meds.

Your ALIF, how many levels did you have done (which discs)?

I will have to remember to tell them that I get cold, I was shaking like that after my discogram.

I hope your recovery continues to go well.
  • Sounds like you hit the jackpot!!! Good for you and best wishes from Wisconsin..We know cold and snow. Vegas snow is really uncommon...Hmmmm, maybe we should go to Mexico to recover... Take it easy
  • I'm glad to hear you're doing great. <:P I know going to the operating table is a blur, but you know what they say, What happens in the OR, stays in the OR 8} I hope you have a speedy recovery. :H
  • a one lvl AliF L5-S1. it's been a week. my incision pain is almost gone. now I'm starting to notice different back pain depending on what i'm doing. still on 2 percs about every 5 hours with 1 soma every 8. I think my bowls are finally getting back to normal today or at least I don't feel as bloated and full of gas as I have since surgery. if you feel cold in recovery def speak up and tell them. They were looking at my temp both oral and core and though I was nuts when I said I was cold.
  • Welcome home Rich! >:D< It's sounds like you are doing well with your recovery. Just remember to listen to your body and don't push yourself. Don't over exert yourself either as it is easy to get exhausted after having a major surgery.

I also had an anterior fusion at the same level on 7/1/08 and I was recovery well. I think I pushed myself too much once I started feeling better though and now I'm not doing so well.
  • . . . that you're doing so well and that you posted!

Take care of yourself and enjoy the holidays.
  • thank everyone! Just saw the doc for my one week follow up the he can't be happier with where I'm at in recovering the X-rays look great. we're starting to ween me off the narcs can't wait to be able to drive again!!!! enjoy the new pic of the X-rays
  • Just seen this post and glad to hear your doing so well. Take it easy and rest still a lot of recovering to do. Keep up the positive attitude and before you know it, all behind you.
advertisement