Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Who else is snowed in today?

MingMMing Posts: 1,127
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Depression and Coping
I was just wondering if any of you spiney's out there are snowed in as I am today? I live in twin tier's ny and we are supposed to get a foot of snow today. I am trying to keep busy so I can keep my mind off from feeling blue and in pain. Thank goodness my husband is doing all the shoveling and plowing.
advertisement

Comments

• We are suppose to get 12 inches of snow on the North Shore, Im making Christmas goodies and staying warm, Not much money this year so Im giving fudge and cookies to all of our friends and such.... I have to say the few good things about having surgery, is that I am home for Christmas and not stressing out about all the baking and cooking I have to do for work and am able to enjoy my own baking and enjoy the spirit of the season,,, I have Faith in Our Lord and savior that he will take good care of us and help us get through this... anyways, Its beautiful out side
    Oh one last thing I am worried about is that My son is on a bus from New York City... I cant wait to see him in his bed all safe and sound,,
  • I'm also snowed in, in Toronto. My husband's a little upset because we moved from our townhouse condo to a house and now he has to do all the shovelling. He also does the cooking, shopping and pretty well everything since my pain stops me from doing anything. Cyndi that sounds like a great gift for your friends. What a treat to get homemade fudge and cookies. The snow is really lovely though. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • We had a foot of snow or more dumped on us today, for me it was very upsetting because my Surgeon canceled my surgery at the very last minute on the 10th and I had an appointment to see him this morning, I was overwhelmed with thoughts on what I was going to say, and then BOOM wake up to a blizzard, I just cried!!
    I live in Allendale MI which is between Holland MI and Grand Rapids.
  • :) hi! no snow here in sunny, southern California. =D> cold to me though at 46. wish i was snowed in. never been in the snow before and i would love to sit in front of the fireplace with it snowing outside. <:P i am sure it is not as romantic as that but it sure sounds nice!! hang out on the computor and keep yourselof cozy!! Jenny :)
  • ...again! And all my kid's cards/parent presents etc are in our room ( I teach 2nd grade)..& more is predicted for this weekend into next week, so I can imagine they are worried about their little treasures being stranded ...

We got 12" overnight, more on the way tomrrow night & then below-zero temps for Monday...I wonder if they will also cancel school next week?!

So I spent the day w/ extra meds (can't take them at school) and had some lovely naps by the woodstove..tonight it feels like flames are in my back, as well as the stove...

But that's another thread, that "weather-related pain" thread...

Mystyk, sorry to hear about your surgery woes--go ahead and cry! You deserve to! I'm right across Lake Michigan from you & sorry to say, you'll soon be getting what we have now...hope things go OK for a re-schedule for you..the waiting is what just drives a person nuts!

~Lakeside (no place to be right now!?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
    About 8 inches of snow, about 1qt and half of gasoline for my snow blower, about 8 logs on the fire and a nice glass of cognac.
    Its still early, so, I will be out with the snowblower again (best purchase, small light (<25lbs) Toro Snowthrower. I can handle it with my back,cervical and thoracic problems, I think
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Didn't get snow but we got ice here. Probably about an inch of little tiny ice pellets are in my yard right now. Thankfully the kids didn't have school today, but I still had to run my nephew to his grandparent's house. Yay me, I got to use my 4 wheel drive!! LOL!!! You can bet your screws and rods I stayed home the rest of the day!!
  • Ummm. Want to share a good receipe for those? I'm a horrible cook, so it must be an easy one! Tried making fudge before (cook to softball stage??? Yeah, right!). Even with putting the mixture in the freezer for days, it never hardened!

Glad you're getting to do something you obviously love to do! Take care. >:D< >:D<
  • All we're getting is rain, rain, rain! You folks with all the snow---stay safe!!!
  • We are not snowed in today, but pretty COOOLD!! The high today is supposed to be 14! So far(this morning) the sun is out! Hooray!---Mazy
  • Getting hit again with snow, Yikes, this is truly going to be a White Christmas here... Its sooo pretty though,.. I want to go play in it, but Im telling you the cold makes all the hardware in my back feel wierd and hurts.... Guess I will just sit by the fireplace...
  • You are right Cyndi, it is very pretty. We woke up with another 6 inches of snow. It is beautiful. I watched my kids and my cousin, and neice and nephew playing in the snow yesterday. It looked like so much fun and I wanted to jump on the innertube or snowboard so bad. They had really good trails with big snow jumps at the end. Even my husband got out there today and was sledding with the kids. I wish I could've done it. I was so afraid I would hurt myself worse though so I just watched and laughed at them. :))( It's snowing again tonight and a wind chill advisory but I really love having a white christmas and I know we will have one. I will try to take a pic tomorrow and put it as my avatar for a bit so those who live in the south can see what they are missing. :D I hope the kids have school tomorrow because I have presents to wrap and I have to finish up some of my shopping. That's my only time to do it when they aren't around. I'm too exhausted by the time they go to bed to do it at night. Hope everyone is staying warm tonight.
  • 5 cups white sugar
    1 can evaporated milk
    1 stick butter

bring all of this to a boil stirring all the while.
    test this mixture to soft ball state. (about 5 mins, but get your self a thermometer its easier.

Add 2 pkgs of choc chips, 1 tea vanilla
    stir till smooth and pour in pan.

You can use 2 bags of peanut butter chips or white choc chips, use your imaginagion,, This should work great for you... Let me know
  • ...on yet another SNOWY day w/ dampness, pain & blah blah blah..just got my 2nd graders on the busses for 12 days of vacation....whew! Here's what someone wrote today on "How To Bundle Up Outside" (my journal prompt for them today) The spelling is theirs---not my Valuim's... :)

"First, I put on my sno pans then I put on my buts and git owt my slid. Then, I git my jakit on, then my hat and mitins. Next, I put my skorf on and rap it arownd my neke. I mad my oun skorf and it has all difrint callers in it. Lastly, I go owtside and plae with my brwothers and sissturs. The End."

"First, I put on my sno paunts, then on my bootes and velkerowoe (Velcro) them shut. Next I put on my hut and make suoer it is not in my eyes. Last I put my geloves on and run to the snoe."

It is good that we teachers ALSO have 12 days off too...

I will noew take some valeeum and an ice pak and lye doun.

~Lakeisde
advertisement