Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Why?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Matters of the Heart
I lost my Aunt 2 months ago, only 56 years old. Died fast from an anarisam. She also was my neighbor. She left behind 3 young adult kids and my Uncle. My Uncle was having a very hard time getting over her death. Well today, we noticed a lot of cars over at my Uncles house, to find out shortly after he past away today. Those poor kids losing both parents within 2 months of eash other. This just breaks my heart for those kids, to have to go through the holidays with no parents. I have asked them all to come over for Christmas and I will try to be there foster mom for the day. I have been crying all day for them. This really breaks my heart...
Justme
advertisement

Comments

• So sorry to hear of your loss and so soon after the loss of your aunt,i feel your grievance and want to offer your family some of my strength to get through the holidays,stay strong and look after yourself also.

Its a lovely offer to have them for holidays you have a heart of gold and the kids will feel your warmth and strength.......

I will have you in my thoughts and i hope the new year isnt as tough as this year

hugs karen
  • You asked, why? There is no reason that will make any sense. The living have to go on living-I lost my father when he was still young, too. So I know that is what we must do.

Their children will be happy to be with family and with people who lived so close to their parents. Tell them others are thinking of them and praying for their parents.

If you are hurting-please take care of yourself, too. I wish the best for you and your neices and nephews and family.
  • As turtle said, no one knows why... but I must admit, its definitely not the first time I've heard of spouses passing away within a few months of each other.

Wonderful that you are opening your heart and home to their kids, holidays are always tough but they will be with family - that is a gift.
  • I'm sorry for your loss. The children will feel your Aunt and Uncles love and tradtional christmas through you. I know it's hard at this time of year but you're there for them. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I hope there's other family to come and help out also. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Sorry for your loss..you are being such a big heart for taking time and love to share with their children.

• Justme,
    I also am very sorry for your loss. How very devastating for all and the children.
    My will keep all of you in m prayers.
    j
  • JustMe, that's a lot on your shoulders in such a short time...personally, I don't think we're capable of understanding why and when things happen. I believe, for better or worse, it's all part of how life is laid out. Having this happen any time of the year is hard, but it's especially hard during the holidays where all that happening will be associated with this time of year...take care and I'll include y'all in my prayers. You're a good hearted person to take on what you do
  • I'm so sorry for your loss,and theirs.My prayers are with you today.
  • Thanks everyone, words really do help. I am over the shock, now just have to learn to get through this. My Uncle was the one I would run to when I needed to talk. He would always call and ask how I was doing. He made me feel someone cared. I will miss our talks, his dumb jokes, his silly ways. And his kind heart.
    Justme
  • I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you and your family especially the children. I hope you keep in touch with the children and stay close. You sound very caring. I am sorry for everything you are going through and so close to the holidays too.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas and even better New year!
advertisement