Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need pillow advice.......

JKDE302JJKDE302 Posts: 348
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
It would like to know what kind of pillow everybody uses because im 29 and the only thing I like do now is stay in bed wich hurts me deep inside because I played B-Ball in high school and college. Damn I took being active and healthy for granted now I dont really want to live anymore..
advertisement

Comments

• I looked at all of the very expensive cervical pillows and decided on the cheap $2.50 ones at Walmart. Seriously. They are super soft and you can add one or two and bend them anyway you want. So for 7.50 I can sleep now. I couldn't stand the thought of the ones that wrap around my neck. I didn't want anything touching my neck.
  • I'm with Tonya42, the soft ones are the best. Now after about 3 weeks I got an orthopedic pillow at WalMart. They're pretty inexpensive too.

I know it sucks laying in bed after the surgery. I was in the recliner for the first 3 weeks because I couldn't get comfortable at all.

When did you have your surgery?
  • I also got a memory foam ortho pillow from Walmart too. I've had it a couple of years and it supports your neck and is nice and soft. I hope you're feeling better soon. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I got an isotonic brand cervical memory foam pillow between 30 and 40 bucks at bed bath and beyond. It is a nice pillow. I've been thinking of upgrading to a temperpedic, but don't have 100 right now to spend on a pillow lolz

• I have a memory foam pillow also and I love it. I got it for like 30 bucks at Wallmart. I also have a cervical pillow, but, for me, I get more relief from the regular memory foam. Plus, it is hard as a rock so none of the kids will swipe it from my bed LOL
    Jodi
  • I also go with the cheaper ones u can bend and fold them in all different ways. I think buying a cheap one makes more sense than buying the expensive one most people just replace them after a couple months anyways. good luck in ur quest for sleep.
  • JDKE302 don't give up I was 30 when all my back problems started followed by neck problems when I was 32 and for the last 2 years I have at times felt overcome by my pain and never ending problems. Whenever I start feeling down I grab my computer and go to spine health and read other peoples problems and at that time I realize I'm not alone in my pain. This site is a true blessing!

Whenever I started have neck problems I felt at times I would die, I am so lucky to have a doctor whom cares about me pain. When my neck pain was severe I had to use 10 pillows I found out by placing pillows under my arm takes the pressure and strain off my neck. Since I've had my last surgery I am down to a contour pillow for my head and 2 pillows for my arms. I also found out when my neck hurts bad that using a soft collar helps keep your neck in the position that keeps yoour neck from moving to much while your trying to sleep. It also sounds like you need to give your doctor a call. It sounds like you have alot of inflamation and could use a steriod pack. If you have a good doctor they will help you even whenever their busy. I will keep you in my prayers. Just hang in there better times are around the corner! You will never be the same person you was but that doesn't mean life will forever be sucky. I have learned that even if plans get changed because of my pain o'well at least I'm still alive. Keep your chin up not literally because that will hurt. You will find great friends here and reading there problems sometimes show you maybe yours aren't so bad. It will get better.
  • THANKS EVERYONE ,

TJC I HEAR AND THINK I WILL TRY THE SOFT COLLAR.
advertisement