Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Trying to live with Fentanyl Patches

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Pain Medications
I have been on Fentanyl Pain Patches for about 7 months and feel like I am loosing my mind. It has gotten to the point that I walked in to a Mental Health Facility to ask for help. They are working with me and I will be seeing a dr there on Friday but I was just wondering if anyone else out there has had these king of problems. My Pain Mgmt dr does not want to take me off of them unless I agree to a Morphine pump but that scares me as well. Does anyone have and experience with that?

thanks in advance....
advertisement

Comments

• I am the same have just given into seeing the GP in a total mess. Have been put on citalopram but I am very low have been for weeks.
    I have given other people different names.
    They say on here I am no fun and well I just wish I felt like me again.
    This pain thing is a huge thing.
    I do wish you better and hope you get all the help you need.
    Anne
  • I am the same have just given into seeing the GP in a total mess. Have been put on citalopram but I am very low have been for weeks.
    I have given other people different names.
    They say on here I am no fun and well I just wish I felt like me again.
    This pain thing is a huge thing.
    I do wish you better and hope you get all the help you need.
    Anne
  • I am so sorry you're going through the psychological torment these patches seem to place SOME people in. I could share my horrific experience with you and get eaten alive by those benefiting from theses patches. I have anxiety issues long before being placed on the patch and they increased 100 fold. It's my opinion the screening process should be further explored in many instances before a patient is placed on such a potent medication.

Any whooo, after a long and very confusing winding road I am now taking Morphine and returning to my old self. Now this works for ME. In no way shape or form would anyone other than God force me to do anything I wasn't comfortable with. Why can't your PM doctor place you on Morphine in the pill form BEFORE the radical jump? Pain sucks REAL BAD, but in my humble opinion not near as much as what you are going through. BTDT.

PM me and I will try to be of help to you anytime. You're in my thoughts

• Hi, what is it that is causing you all this pain? Have you had surgery for it, and how long have you been this way? I've been on Fentanyl for about a year now, and had a couple bumps along the road, but so far no side effects. You must have it bad that your doctor wants you to switch to a morphine pump. My last fusion didn't work out and I might be looking at an SCS or pump in the future. Believe me, I understand how bad it is. Whatever you decide to you, we're with you all the way and hope you find relief. Take care >:D<
  • If you search Fentanyl at the top of the page, you'll get quite a few hits on threads about Fentanyl. Someone else just complained of the same problem recently; I know it didn't agree with me - I was in a total daze with it, and it really didn't help with my pain at all. When I made the decision to go off it, I didn't do it gradually enough and went through 10 days of withdrawal....it was NOT pleasant! Unfortunately I can't take morphine, so I ended up back on high doses of straight codeine, which worked better for me and didn't give me the side effects.

Tracy
  • I know I took it for almost 2 years for cerv DDD and finally got off them...I think they worked great, but the worries of leakage was always in the back of my mind. This time, a couple motns ago, being diagnosed with L5S1 herinated disc and pain much worse than before, my doc offered them to me and my husband vetoed...saying I was to much in a fog on them. I never knew I was...but it did hdlp with my pain.

I wish you the help you need. God bless you!
advertisement