Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

disk replacment surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Are you going to have it done?Have you already had it done.I am schedueled for 1-20-09
advertisement

Comments

• Hello Lisa,

I have not had spinal surgery, however, I am much interested in the disk replacement approach. May I ask which device and procedure your surgeon plans to use? Thanks

RichT
  • Would like to. I don't have much faith in my natural ones. They are dried out, herniated, causing me grief, and not likely to ever get better.
    L3 to S1.

Have consulted with the famous surgeon in Santa Monica (SoCal) that does the ProDiscs.
    He said I am not "there" yet.
    Maybe in the future.
    -----------------------------
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • :-C the recovery is long and hard but i am glad i did it because i could not have lived a life in the position i was in before. I still have pain in my right leg that is permanent nerve damage. it was caused by waiting so long for surgery (one year) and during surgery it got stretched to hammer in the implant. pm me if you want any more information i would be glad to help. pm is the best way to contact me and get my attention on these boards.
    good luck
    chelle
  • on 1 December. It's pretty unusual to have three levels done I understand.

I'm yet to show any improvement (still pretty much confined to bed with walking a few yards a few times a day), but it's early days yet.

Hoping to see some progress soon.
  • Dec. 2nd was the day for surgery the doc put in SynFix-LR implants. They opened me up from the front needless to say this has been by far the most painful surgery that I've been through. This was my 3rd I had a herniated disk and spinal stoniness prier to the disk replacement. My pain level has increased maybe do to the soft bone tissue, I have started calcium to strengthen my bones. I have tried to get off the meds but but sometimes the pain overwhelms me. The doc told me if the pain persists he can fuse the lower back. I'm not sure what I will do now, I'm hoping the healing will lessen the pain. I didn't expect the pain to worsen he told me 90% pain free.
  • that makes me feel a bit better.

Maybe it's normal to feel this bad within the first few weeks? My stomach wound is fine and has healed well, but the back pain is excruciating and I can sit for no more than 30 seconds yet.

It is a pretty major operation - perhaps it takes longer to heal but works well when it has? Let's hope so!
advertisement