Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Epidural Scheduled for Monday was Canceled. :(

caitycccaityc Posts: 268
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Something to do with my insurance, /:) although I took all the proper steps. ~X( I am sooo disappointed. :( For those of you who read my past posts, once again I feel like a loser for not doing what I should have a year ago (lost the weight and had the surgery). :''( L)

I am just so down. =(( I was actually looking forward to it. <:P Now I have to see someone else in the medical group. What a mess! =((

Thanks for reading. Wish me luck. :<

Caity

advertisement

Comments

• You are always so helpful and kind to us and we know you are in as such pain as any of us-and maybe more than most-to hear you have had such a set-back like this breaks my heart! I'm so sorry! But there is a reason for everything and maybe this was meant to be-who knows? The right time will come-until then I hope you will have very good day.

Looks like we will be having more sun in most of the USA :) Enjoy a vitual cup of hot chocolate with me! Best to you-hang in there!
  • :( I am just so sad. Thank you so much. I too believe there is a reason for everything. I just want to find something that helps, other than pain pills. I just don't like taking them. :&

I'm tired of not being able to do anything, being tired all the time, napping, having to sit all the time, bla bla bla. I do have a lot of support at home, I'm just so tired of complaining. :''(

Turtle, you are such a sweetheart, and I thank you for you sweet words. How are you feeling?

Caity
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,740
    Sorry to hear that. Did your insurance company provide with the details as to why they would not cover your epidural.
    I dont like to bring forward bad news, but if there was a problem with your insurance company, I would have to imagine the same problem would exist for a doctor that comes from the same medical group.

Please dont look at yourself as a 'loser' Almost everyone on this site could look at themselves like that for one reason or another. When it comes to dealing with chronic pain and spinal problems, I look at it as not always making the right decisions because we didnt have all the information we needed.

Understanding your medical problem is so very important and then making sure you are seeing the correct doctors is key.

TO term a 'loser', I'd have to add that for myself. Some of the conditions I have had or am having are results of making poor choices. During some of my earlier surgeries, I didnt follow doctors advice in terms of proper exercise and understanding my limitations. But that is behind me now and I have to make sure I do follow instructions and use common sense

Take care, take a positive attitude towards this and work toward making yourself better
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thanks to the board I realized I have nothing to complain about. My pain is tolerable- I have a great family and friends.

I give all my pain to the Lord and ask that he take it and relieve the pain of someone who is suffering without support and love. I feel blessed to live in a time where I can get support from kind people like you and others here, and I think I may even help a fellow human being from time to time.

We do what we can, right? Hang in there, Caityc! You have suffered a long time but you know your good day will come-so have hope. I am not religious-just spiritual, and I know you are loved and hope that will help you cope :X
  • I called my insurance company and they don't even understand what the problem is. :))( Crazy hugh? The message that was left for me by Dr. M's office (the epidural Dr.) says that I have to go to a pain Dr. in SJ medical group. However, Dr. M is part of SJ medical group. So I don't understand. My insurance allows me to "self refer" for an initial consult. Then if follow up medical treatment is necessary, my PM needs to fill out a "pass thru" form, for insurance purposes, so Dr. M can continue to treat me. I saw my PM, and she sent the pass thru form over.
    My insurance company doesn't even have a record of authorization being requested for an epi. It's so messed up.
    So now apparently I'm off to another doctor who will be able to do it? I don't know. I guess I will find out next week.
    Ron, I appreciate what you said. Thank you so much, it made me feel a lot better. It's just that if I had followed the proper course and lost the weight, or just insisted months ago he go thru the back, I would have had my surgery already. The one I had totally mentally prepared myself for, and oddly enough was looking forward to.

:<

Caity
advertisement