Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Pain Management
Hi everyone.
I hope 2009 brings you all good health and less pain OH and better Drs!! ;)

I just wanted to share some good news.
First my aoritc bi fem surgery went well. My blood flow is 100 percent and my legs feel AWESOME. I can walk the biggest mall around without hip/leg/ankle pain. Its like having a new body part.

Even better news I got an appt with my old pain managment Dr for Jan 21st!!!!! Im praying I do not have to go through all the red tape in waiting for a script. I know I have to sign the contract all over BUT at least they have my history from 07 and what meds we tried.
I'm hoping I can get my script for the fentaynl patch again even though they are itcy they work.
I'm hoping with fingers and toes crossed this makes my year a bit better to cope with!!!!!

I want to wish the best of luck to all of you in getting your pain under control. Keep up the hope, make phone call after phone call and do not give up hope. It is out there waiting for you!!!

Lots of love

• I am so happy to hear that you are moving in the right direction, literally! :) I hope that the pain management experience goes over without a hitch. You have suffered much through the last few months and you deserve a break!!!!

Thank you for your sweet words and for keeping a smile on my face.

One Love,

• That excellent news. Keep up the good work!

• Hi Terri,
    I have been wondering about you. Just remember to take things slowly. That credit card hasn't had much use in that huge mall for a long time, so be careful!!!!! lol
    I am so happy for you and just take everything one day at a time. Your patience has gotten you this far the rest is bound to work out the way you need it to.
    Julie (one of the oldies but goodies still hanging around)
  • About time you called and pushed for a sooner date. I feel much better for you now. I'm so glad my friend is walking again. Please don't over do it. I know you! Superwoman!
  • That's great you're seeing you pain management Dr. That's great everything is back to normal and you're walking okay. it must feel so freeing to be out and about. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • That's awesome news!! So glad you shared - I hope I can join you in happy posts here soon after my permanent SCS (hopefully tomorrow!!).

Enjoy your new freedom/mobility!!

• Thanks to all of you !
    Its not coming soon enough for me, thats for sure. Today is 10 on 10 pain. I would like to go higher in my number but its not on the scale!! #o But it was my fault (ok not all my fault) LoL :$ Ya know the wife/hubby cruse! :X :X
    Yes for those that do not know me well I am very open about everything!
    Trying to spread out my meds till then is the toughest thing. We all have done it. Sit here and suffer while playing the waiting game.
    I don't like to say my revision surgery was not a sucess as I am still to early out to perdict that. I do know and can say I do not feel any difference then before the 1st surgery and the 2nd.
    Now alot may have to do with no walking during the second and not a heck of alot during the first.
    So hopefully they can get me straightned out on the first day!! My fingers are crossed very bad.
    In 07 I remember they had me wait 2wks, look over the contract etc. If that is the case then my PCP has NO choice but to give me a refill or I will go after him full force :T

I hope things work out for each and every one of you.
    It takes time, some of us a few months, some a few years, some forever. I'm not asking for pain free just functional.

Good luck Cheri with that SCS! =D>

Lots of love
    Terri :X