Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What to do with bone growth stimulator after fusion, I wonder

kathyykkathyy Posts: 582
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I can't help but wonder if the bone growth stimulators so many of us use have any usefulness after our fusion is complete? I use a Spinalogic with CMF technology and strap it on my back for 30 minutes a day, every day, same time. This is to continue for 6 months or until the doc says "stop."

In the past, I have used magnets for pain relief for shoulder injuries and neck injuries. Wondered if this gismo would have a similar healing effect on muscle tissue or if it is just for bone stimulation?

Anybody know anything about this? Kathy in Atlanta
advertisement

Comments

• I don't know about your specific stimulator, but the one I had the rep told me had only so long of a life even with recharging.

BTW-did you know that the company can take the brain from the stimulator and download for your doc when and how long you used the stimulator? The rep from Medtronics told me that he has done it for an insurance company before when they suspected the patient was not really using the stimulator(work comp.)

This isn't directed at you, just something I thought was an interesting FYI.
  • thats good to know, i just got my stimulator and im supposed to wear it for 4 hours a day for 9 months. i guess i better be very diligent on wearing it :)
  • Mine was programmed for so many sessions then it quit working. I was instructed to properly dispose of it.

Harry
  • RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 814
    Good question Kathy in Atlanta.
    I put mine in the closet so I'll have it to use when I have my next fusion. Now all I have to do is remember which closet it is in.
    Ranger
advertisement