Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Joy?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Alternative Treatments
Has any one tried this back orthotic from the EDITED I've spent so much money on junk before trying to make my pain more tolerable that I'd hate to throw another $50.00 bucks out the window. But if it works, hey I'd spent that money in a flash!

• ...about the orthotic device, but I just checked out this site & ordered a month's supply of their "Rub-On Relief"...sounds good to me (not endorsing anything, mind you) Been using BioFreeze from PT last year & this stuff promises no "locker-room smell"...LOL! Hey, at this point, I'll try ANYTHING non-invasive!

If it doesn't work for my flaming back, maybe I can drink it?! :<

Big storm here---rain/sleet/ice/huge winds...I'm ready to jump in the Lake w/ the Polar Bears! (water temp is 37...)One huge ice-pak!

• :) i doubt if they will give you any better tips than the ones found here on the forum from qualified doctors. =D> the forum is thick with "Treatments" and what may or may not help your pain. i would be very cautious about them wanting your money. :? i looked at the site and some of the products seem ok but i didn't see anything worth $50.00. good luck! Jenny :)
  • Well I have recently ordered this product so will give it a try for my back. Really looking for it to help me be more comfortable sitting for longer periods at work and in the car and maybe maintain better posture.
  • OK so I received my Back Joy from lose the back pain and have had it for a few days now. It took me a little while to get used to it and get the right positioning but now I like it. It is very portable and slimline. A lot easier to take with me on public transport than my cushion I used. What I have noticed most is that my lower back doesn't have that achey feeling I used to get after sitting for a longish time and I think I sit in a better position. Early days but so far so good.
  • So you're liking it? Do you think it's worth $50.00?

I had totally forgotten about this thing. We have two nice, firm, wing back chairs, so I have a couple good chairs to sit in. I can't sit on my love seats anymore, they're just too soft.

Hoping it works out for you.

• Post deleted, Solicitation at Spine-Health is not permitted

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 02/26/11

• I have one too and it really helps me to be able to sit for longer without feeling uncomfortable.

I know people who have bought more than one. One at home, one in the car and one at work.

I move mine about, but know I would miss it if I forgot it and left it somewhere.

• Back joy did not make any difference at all in my pain levels. I tried it for a week and ended up sending it back. First of all they billed me for two, and sent me two, even if i ordered only one. Well I got reimbursed for it and sent it back,still gave it a chance, but ended up sending the other one back also. With the last one I had trouble getting reimbursed. Take claimed they never received it, but I had the receipts and the ra numbers etc for proof, so after a couple of phone calls I finally got my money back. Definitely not worth all the trouble. But I guess I am also ready to try anything to get rid of the pain.