Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello all!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,662
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Well unfortunatley it has come to me searching online for answers. I have so much information coming in at me all at once and I am not sure what decisions are best for my family. (sinlge working mom of 4)

I have been dealing with pain for the past 5 years and have been given so many different answers and then basically left to deal with them on my own. :jawdrop:

I have been told I have osteoarthritis in my shoulder and hip, DDD in my neck and lower back, Fibromyalgia, and just recently after a week of not being able to move--a herniated disc at the ol so famous site of L5/S1. I am from Florida but live in NY and am beginning to think my parts werent meant for this cold weather!

I know this is just the introduce yourself forum, so Hi all...you will be seeing me on other posts I am sure. :)

• :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. Brrrrrr! :D the cold weather really makes me ache even more. ~X( just keep yourself warm and cozy!! have you tried Lyrica yet? it is supposed to be used to treat Fibromyalgia as well as other nerve pain conditions. i use it for the pain in my left leg and have had excellent results. of course your doctor knows more about all of this. :-C please make yourself at home!! good luck as you search for your pain treatment plan. Jenny :)
  • I can definitely relate to the increase in pain in the cold weather. I will look forward to seeing you around the forum.
  • here in Washington has sent me to bed for 2 days now. It seems I can't handle the cold weather , I wonder if it has to do with my hardware.My heat blanket is getting used alot right now.... :)))
    Welcome to SH and hope your able to get some questions answered, it is an awesome place for input...
  • It certainly is cold in the bones up north. I have L5-S1 also and the heating pad is one of my best friends. See you around the posts. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I told my brother in Florida he's going to need to build an addition onto his house because my new titanium plate and screws in my neck do not like this cold weather in TN. I couldn't even imagine living any further north than this.