Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I don't have any "buddies"

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Water Cooler
I think there should be a buddylist advertisement so here it is: If you have similar problems to me, or can relate with L-5 S-1 S-2 probs --be my buddy!! I'm sure we can help each other somehow. I had one epi and in 2wks scheduled for another. I'm a little apprehensive because I have to go to a different facility this time, although same pm doctor will do the injection.
I used to think nothing was wrong in the world until a catastrophic event hit me and left me with nothing. (hurricane katrina, gulf coast, ms-i lived on the beach). Then I couldn't stop seeing all the suffering others in the world go through all the time!! What a pitiful soul I must have been. I am different in that respect, but the back stuff was already there, unfortunately. Now I get mad because similarly, others who don't know the pain we back pain people have cannot understand it. Maybe one day.
Hopefully not because they experience it.
Take care all!!!!
Your friend in pain and hope,

• Count me in. >:D< I've chatted with you before and if you look at my signature you will see I am suffering in same area.
  • I also have some of the same probs. I would be glad to have you for a buddy.

• to your issues, but I'd be your buddy anyway. Pain is pain and if you need a sounding board or just to chat or cheer up, feel free to pm me.

Cath :)
  • I have similar problems also. I just got my 3rd epi Dec. 6. I also had facet joint injections which helped my movement a bit and some of the crunching noise in my lower back is gone. Although I still have pain like my muscles are tearing off the bone and burning so I guess that's from the injections. I still feel like a knife is in my back and a heaviness when I get up. I hope your 3rd injections helps. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • i'm putting you guys on my buddy list. i have personal and professional problems due to my disc(s). it is strange, but i have an extra lumbar disc, they choose to call it s-1 and call s-1 the s-2! thus, i have the l-5, s-1, s-2 thing.
    i'm also open to pm's because i know some things are better left to the two people. i'll always call you guys by your sign-ons though; not too personal; just supportive.
    thanks again,
    your friend in pain and hope,
  • We have more than pain in common! I survived Hurricane Hugo, Sept. 21, 1989. Almost 20 years but we never forget the trauma.
  • We all share that common thread of pain and there is no reason why we should ever have to go through that alone....we can all travel this path together....whether we are cervical , thoracic , lumbar or a combination of each....I have sent you a buddy request because there is strength in numbers. Please keep us posted as to how you are doing and if there is ever anything that I can do for you then please just let me know....take care....Miki
  • Especially friends who understand! I'm 22, living with a herniated L5-S1 and evil sciatica down both legs, I've been this way for 7 years, but only the past 3 have been severe. Only the past 3, ha. Sounds minimal when you say it that way. My life is completely different than what I worked so hard to achieve. Now, I just try to make it through the day without crying... Needless to say, I have some time on my hands, so I'd love to have a new friend!!! I've had EVERY therapy under the sun, even off the wall stuff, except surgery, which I won't have until I can't walk. I couldn't live with the guilt if I made myself worse or didn't get any better. Since I'm "chronic" the chance of the surgery helping me is minimal. So here I am. I know a lot about therapies, so I'd love to see how the epidurals work for you; I really hope they work! What else have you tried? I hope you are having an easy pain day my new friend!!!

Much love and understanding,
  • I have severe L4-L5 spinal stenosis, along with spinal stenosis and other problems with C4-C5, C5-C6, C6_T1. I have the all encompassing pain among a host of other things.

Family and friends told me I would be fine if I had physical therapy...after 3 days I was so much worse I quit. Then they convinced me to try a chiropractor....he promised not to hurt me (but would not put it in writing)........well he made me so bad I had to quit working!

So if you still need another buddy add me in your list!

God Bless