Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Having a rough day

I had a hard time sleeping last night and woke up not feeling so great. Head hurt, neck hurt, and my back hurt. Had hubby try to rub out some of the knots in my back and it was excrutiating to say the least. It does feel better after he does this (he says the knots are HUGE.) I think I get them from my neck issues. My neck is so ridgid with stiff muscles and pain I think it causes the knots further down. Any ways, took the big kids to school. Came home and took the xmas tree down. Wasn"t really that big of a deal, but I am exhausted. Anxiety is getting bad. The little ones are a bit on the grouchy side and are crying a lot. My four year old just threw a hissy fit because we are out of Chef Boyarde and he wants it for lunch. Offered him everything else under the sun. But nothing will please him. We are financially strained (very strained) and I am having a hard time just trying to stay positive. Thanks for listening to my sobbing guys! Just knowing I can vent here and there are people who understand helps. I told myself this morning I wasn't going to sulk or be depressed. At this point I am hoping I can just fight off the tears.

• If only you lived near me, I bring you some Chef Boyarde and feed your 4-year-old, then take all the kids out to build a snowman while you took a nice hot bath and a long nap.

Hang in there Jodi. This day will pass and tomorrow the sun will shine brighter.

Cath >:D<
  • Jodi,
    I am so sorry to hear you are having such a rotten day and feeling so down and sore. Cath, that was a great offer. What a great group we have here. I wished we all lived in one big community that had a staff to cater to our every spinal needs. Wouldn't that be nice? I would wave my magic wand and instantly all family members would understand how we feel, help out more and not criticize, the children would be on their best behavior and chef boyarde would fill your cupboards...no wait chef boyarde would be your chef and be feeding your children for you while the cat is doing the vacuuming =))

I do wish I could take all our pains away and make our families understand and be more supportive.

I hope you feel better soon. Keep your chin up and convince your child that ramen noodles or PBJ has some special power in it that will make them fly or something.
  • It is hard enough being a spiney when my children are grown. I can't even imagine how it would have been like when they were little. Be easier on yourself. It sounds like you accomplish more in one day than most of us do. Stop everything and take a deep breath. I am so glad that you have a place to vent. You are not alone! It also sounds like you ar doing a great job with your family!!!

I am sorry that you are in so much pain. Please take a little time to take care of yourself. Please try to sneak into the tub. If you can get a break, join us on the chat for a little relief and maybe some laughter.

Take care- glo >:D<
  • Today is a bit of a better day. Not getting nearly done what I had hoped. But the essentials are almost finished. If I can just manage to get the sheets on the beds the rest can wait until tomorrow. You all are so sweet! I do wish we all lived close so we could care for each other. Maybe I'll win a sweepstakes or something and get a lifetime supply of Chefboyardee delivered to my doorstep each month!
    Lots of hugs-
  • Hi Jodi - man, sounds like you really had a bad day. Times seem to be tough all over and when you're in pain and the little ones can't see reason, I can imagine it really gets to you. Maybe you can write a letter to the makers of Chef Boyardee telling them that nothing else will do for your son's lunch and they will send you a case or at least some nice coupons? At any rate, I just wanted to say hang in there. We're all here to listen, even if I'm a little late. I thought I was having a bad day today too, but mine wasn't nearly as bad as yours.

3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.