Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Thorasic pain after lumbar surgery

alcbaalcb Posts: 140
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I'm having recent thorasic pain at about T8. I had PLIF as I wrote below, and it's been over a year. This new pain has been around about 2 months. Anyone have pain and issues higher up after surgery (issues that wern't there before surgery). No xrays yet-but will ask surgeon to check on 22nd. It feels like bone "ache" and muscular-kinda like the pain I had at the beginning of my lumbar pain. Anyone have other levels "go out" as a result of (and I know I won't describe this well)the soft(natural)spine being set upon "hard" hardware. Is this compensation? Not sure if it's structural or musculoskelital. Really asking if anyone had structural changes--that's what I'm most afraid of. :<
Thanks as always!

• Hi I had a discectomy at L2-3 a month ago and I feel burning pain all the way up to my bra strap and I cant sit back because i feel like a huge knot is in my back. I got some bio freeze and put on mine and it helped dull the burn and aching pain. I think once you have a spine problem there is no hope or at least thats how I am begining to feel , pain is so much worse in places in upper back that never hurt until I had surgery..