Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello! I'm back!

LouiseLLouise Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello everyone! :)
It has been a very long time since I've posted. Actually, it was on our old boards since I've posted last! As I am not really a new member to SH but a newer member to these latest boards.
I am in no way new to chronic pain as I have been living with chronic pain for over 10 years. A few of you may recall me from those past boards. I had felt at the time that I needed a break from posting.
My situation and pain has not changed since my last post of about 8 months. It is good to see many familiar names. Just checking to see if there had been any new treatments or modalities in pain relief, but obviously not. I guess chronic pain is definitely a major issue in many people's lives and things don't change very much.
I am coping fairly with my main complaints always being tremendous sciatic pain. Pain management seems to be just that, managing. I think I have learned to live & cope with so much pain. Pain meds have helped to a great extent but as most of you know, the more you take, the more you need, so I look towards other ways of coping & relieving my pain.
I am glad to reconnect with you & look forward to chatting with old friends & new ones once again!

Louise :)

• :) hi and welcome back to the forum! :H we are still here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are still living with chronic pain. :''( have you tried any of the nerve pain medications for your sciatica? they have worked well for me despite a weight gain. talk to your doctor about them if you have not already. :-C it is good to have you back. i look forward to reading your posts. Jenny :)
  • Glad to see you but sorry that you have had no relief from your pain.
  • I'm relatively new, so good to meet you. I suffer permanent S1 nerve damage, and this week just got my permanent spinal cord stimulator. So far, it is working wonderfully to block the nerve pain. I had 24/7 incessant burning nerve pain, and had to spend 23 hours a day in a recliner as sitting/standing/anything for longer than 20 to 30 minutes trigger major pain flares that took days and sometimes weeks to get over.

I hope you do find something to help you with your nerve pain - it gets really tough sometimes to mentally deal with.

• yes chronic pain is a terrible thing to have and we just try to deal with it on a day to day basis. glad u returned.