Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone do phisical therp-Wii

weakbackwweakback Posts: 154
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Exercise and Rehab
It's pretty funny because I was in chat lthe other night asking about the Wii and everyone said the same thing it was fun but do not overdue it.

Well Iran into my last PT and she was telling me that they have been using the Wii for the last yr or so .....she also said it was fun and very helpful for some of the costomers.

I got a Wii for Christmas and was going to return , because I thought it was just for kids.......weel I guess my mother in-law had also heard that the Wii was a good way to stay active at home.......go figure a video game that keeps you in shape......lol sounds funny!!!

• There is also an attachment for the Wii called Wii Fit. You can buy exercise games to go along with it. I'm seriously thinking about getting it for myself lol.
  • HI..

We did get the Wii for Christmas. My back is bad. Fusion in two weeks. You can play sitting down. Was so fun with the family. Bowling was great! could not do the Tennis because of my back. I was a tennis player before the back issue. My friend has the Wii fit. She said it helps with her balance and she is starting to use it after work everyday for 1/3-45 min. To get in shape. Thinking that would be fun! When I am fused!

Have fun! :jawdrop:

PS..my arm was sore the next day from all that arm chair bowling!! HAHA
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,848
    The original Wii and Wi-Fit are really good ways to get exercise. But like any device you use to get into shape, you can overdue it.
    My wife uses them in her COPD Pulmonary Rehab group she runs and they enjoy it. It gives them some exercise with fun.

For starters, go with Bowling and then work up.
    Golf is a bit hard, Baseball is tough... Tennis will give you a good work out. Now, after you are ready, boxing will make you sweat!

The Wi-Fit has everything from jogging, marathon type races to Yoga. Its good, the board that comes with it can calculate your weight and provide a good tracking mechanism as you continue to use it.

I believe its a good way to exercise for spinal patients.

BUT before you even attempt to use it, check first with your doctor to make sure they approve
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • i got the wii for xmas too. but i got the rock band drums. thinking it wouldnt hurt me too play most of the day! since i do have a real set. but since i havent done any arm execises or lifting in a couple months my arms weakened.when i got up the next day my biceps were burning. i thought i screwed up things. my body just told me i did too much for one day . and now im in better shape since then. and im still playing the wii!!