Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chat Room Problems

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,874
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
For the past month or so, we have received several complaints about member behavior in the Chat rooms. I have looked into many of these as well as the other moderators. One individual was singled out several times. But when you look at the entire situation, you really see who the instigators are.

Please be aware that the Spine-Health team looks closely at Chat room behavior. As we have always stated, Forum Rules apply to the Forum Posts, Chat room discussions and Private messages. Some individuals think that they may be above this and try to create problems where none existed.

I guess what bothers me the most, is that for any member to want to spend the time creating problems when we all have enough medical problems to deal with.

I just want to remind everyone again, that all rules apply whenever you log on to Spine-Health. I know for myself, I do not like gang up sessions and when I see them in action, I will do what is necessary to put an end to them
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• well said!!!
    here here!!

LOVE P
  • Thanks Ron...greatly appreciated.
  • Thanks Ron,

Greatly appreciated. Lets get the chatroom back to the fun place it was to hang out and get help/answers to our questions when needed.

The chatroom has been an intimadating place to visit recently, and I know thats not whet the MODS want.
    Thank you for your help in this matter, I know it can seem a thankless task, but it is appreciated.

Love Danni xox
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,874
    The CHAT room should be a fun place. That is what it was originally set up for. A place to hang out and unwind and have fun.
    I remember almost two years ago that every night the CHAT rooms will full of people that came in to have fun.
    There were great times, everyone got along, everyone felt welcomed.
    That is what we all want to see again!!!

NO one rules CHAT Rooms, no one dictates who can come in, who can stay, etc. We always want to hear when someone is not made to feel welcomed
  • The chat room should be a place for encouragement, understanding, support, and a place to unwind and have some fun with your pals. It should not be a place where you ever feel intimidated, ganged up on, or uncomfortable for veterans or newbies alike. I am glad the issue is being looked into and as Danni stated yours can be a thankless job at times to all you Mods but I do thank you for making a statement about Chat.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,874
    I created this post to let everyone on site understand that the CHAT room is a place for all members to go to, to be able to have some fun and for just a little time, forget about their medical problems.

Problems were identified, and those responsible have been contacted and warnings given. At this time, I consider this a closed issue. I do not want to see any retaliation or new uprisings. Whats done is done.

Now I am asking everyone to just let this quiet down and allow the CHAT rooms to return to what they should be.

I do not feel that the moderator team and myself need to be in chat to monitor situations. I know that when I go into chat, I what to do it to unwind a bit.

Lets all make sure we can keep it this way so that CAHT is a enjoyable place to visit.

• Hiya ron, Thankyou for high lighting this situation. i have been ill lately and before this i have stopped going into the chat room because of the reasons you high lighted.

Your Known Admirer

Angie x
  • Can i just add that gemini drea is not the problem, and shes leaving, she is a valid member here, and she has always been kind, caring and considerate. We all have a laugh in the chat room, it does help us forget our problems and relax for a while. But i can honestly say gemini drea has never ever been nasty.

Your faithful admirer

Angie x

PS......Please make her stay xx