Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

me again

MargaretMMargaret Posts: 15
#:S Hi there, just thought I would bring you up to date and I would also like to ask others some advice.

I have had sciatica, leg pain radiating down left leg. Had MRI results showing spinal stenosis, L5 S1 herniated disc, bulging disc above and below, arthritis of spine, disc degeneration. I have had the pain since October 2008. Doc is trying to get an appt. for me to see a surgeon (I live in Ontario, Canada) and the wait is roughly about six months before I will be able to get an appt.

In the meantime, I did receive a cortisone injection yesterday which helped my buttock pain although I still have left lower leg and foot pain.

My daughter has asked me if I would like to go to an all inclusive vacation with her (in the next week or so), just the two of us. I feel I would love to go but wonder if the flight of four hours would irritate my problems. I thought the sun would help, the heat and getting away from it all.

My husband says I should go. I also wondered if I should be doing exercises while I still have the leg and foot pain. I am going into my 3rd month with this pain and I am getting depressed because I thought things would have improved by now.

Any advice?

• I got the run around about pain meds too and all they did was make me feel weird and sleepy. You can't go through life like that. My ortho dr sent me to a neurologist after I have hardly any feeling in my left leg. I now take Lyrica, a nerve pain medication, to help. It took a few weeks to feel the effects but it was the best thing anyone could have given me. I now can feel my entire left leg and foot and walking has become easier.

Good Luck and I hope this heps you :)
  • What exactly is Lyrica? I've heard several people on here mention it. Is it a special med. used just for nerve pain or something? Is it a narcotic?

• Lyrica is a nerve pain medication. I'm not sure if it exactly a narcotic but for me, the first few days, I felt a little loopy but nothing like Vicadin or Percoset. It did take up to 2-3 weeks to feel it's full effects. Talk to your doctor though.

Good Luck