Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bone Growth Stimulator

centerlineccenterline Posts: 23
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:26 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My doctor prescribed a bone growth stimulator. It is the EBI Spinalpak II model. I check with my insurance right away and sure enough it is covered for any multiple level acdf.

Anyhow, I was told to wear this thing 24/7 until my 4 month check up. It gets real fun at night sometimes! Overall not really a problem once you get used to it.

Is there anyone else out there wearing this thing 24/7?

I have seen posts where people wear it for a few hours each day instead. That is a pretty big difference in prescription!

• I only had to wear my bone growth stim 30min each day.

• and am supposed to wear it 30 min per day. I quickly eread a little online, and it seems different kinds...whether ultrasound or electric, are used different amounts of time...I don't know what the prescribing factors are for the doctors
  • Mine is electric. Does some sort of variable voltage/current stimulation thing.

Good question on who told me 24/7. My wife thinks it was the doctor. I want to say that it was the tech who set up the device for me at doctors office. But I can't really recall at this point. I am going to call tomorrow and ask. 24/7 does seem like alot.
  • I have the same one you do, and I wear mine 24/7. After awhile you get used to it. I've even gotten to the point where i've given it a name LOL!! Figured if it's with me all the time it deserves a name. I have one more month of wearing mine (dr said 5 months). I have mine for my lower back, so finding a place to "stash" it while i'm sleeping isn't as much of a problem for me lol.
  • I checked, and the manufacturer says treatment should be 24/7. The tech confirmed this.

FYI, I put a nail in the wall above my bed's headboard. I hang the device there at night using the belt thing that came with the device. I am used to it now and only have gotten tangled up in the wire once or twice while sleeping. One can only laugh at that stuff.