Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lots of Pain One Yr after Flexible Lumbar Fusion

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery

I am new to this site. I had L4, L5 & SI flex fusion last January and still in a lot of pain. Other than physical therapy and pain meds, does anyone have any remedies to relieve pain? I have developed bursitis on my hip and there are a lot of knots on both sides of scar which I think is scar tissue which hurt all the time. I still go to physical therapy and walk on a treadmill in an effort to loosen the stuff up. As many of you know, this pain is mentally and physically debilitating. Would love to hear about what others are doing to deal with the pain.

• Hello Jade,

Welcome to Spine Health. I am sorry to hear that you are still having these problems. You mention that you are in physical therapy, have you discussed that with your therapist? Better still, maybe your doctor should be contacted. Are you on any pain meds? Discuss these with your surgeon, if he can't or won't help you, he may refer you to a pain clinic. But as far as the knots and scarring maybe PT will eventually relief some of these discomforts.

Good luck!

• Hello Jade,

WLCOME to SH!!!

A question - What is "flex" fusion? Would you be so kind and provide some details? Thanks

• Hi Rich,

I had a Felxible Synamic Fusion. Unlike the old standard fusion. I am supposed to be flexible in movement!
  • Hi Kin,

Yes, I have discussed with physical therapist. He is suggesting that I may need to see the doc about cortizone shots to get the pain under control. I saw my surgeon and he says that with continued therapy I should get better. I am about ready to find a doc for pain management. I have been trying exceptionally hard not to take the pain meds - so I grin and bear unless tears start coming out. I take darvocet and demerol when it is really bad.
  • Kin,
    I forgot to ask you...how are you feeling after your fusion? I see that it was in May.