Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post op scar tissue still causing pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a herniated disc between L4-L5 about 8 weeks ago. Had post Op MRI, CAT scan, and a Mylogram. My Neuro told me that scar tissue had formed around the nerve, this was the cause of the pain in my left side. Has anyone else had problems with scar tissue? My Doc still has me not doing alot but, it seems like the harder I work around the house the better I feel. The pain is terrible in the morning, usally starts around 3 am, if I force my self to get moving the pain begins to subside in about an hour or two. In the afternoon when I start to slow down the pain begins to come back. When the pain returns it feels like getting hit with an electric fence. Has anyone had similar experiences? Has anybody tried any of the homeopathic stuff? Any words of wisdon are appreciated.........
advertisement

Comments

• vin,
    I also have scar tissue, although I'm not sure how much. For me, the more I move, the more it hurts. The only time my pain is completely gone is when I'm lying still. It seems like the more I move (squat, sit, walk), the more the scar tissue pulls on the nerve. I wish I had a solution. One of the guys on here had scar tissue removed and is taking Singulair. Supposedly, this helps prevent scar tissue from reforming. He's giving it a try.

csp
  • so glad that moving around seems to make you feel better. That is not the usual response most of us have with scar tissue/damage. What surgery did you have? A laminectomy/discectomy? Did the surgeon see scar tissue when he was in there for from the CT Myelogram?

Take care,

Cheri
  • I had a discectomy, the pain started about 2 days after the surgery. the NS sent me for an MRI, when he read the MRI he said there was a pocket of blood around the nerve root, but there was nothing to worry about this happened about once a month to one of his patients. Over the next 2 weeks the pain subsided some, but it stopped improving. So he sent me for a CT Myelogram and when he read that, he said the nerve was being pinched by scar tissue. The NS wants me to have injections not sure what these are or what they hope to do with them. The nurse told me they work about 50/50. Until I started reading I never realized how many people have serious back problems, I guess I figured this day and age they could fix anything.

Thanks
    Vin