Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgery for scar tissue removal

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Has anyone ever had surgery specifically for scar tissue removal? I've looked online about this and only found negative comments and outcomes. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a positive experience with this.

• I had scar tissue removal during my fusion surgery. It wasn't a surgery specifically for the scar tissue removal ONLY. It was a radical discectomy, anterior/posterior fusion, and scar tissue removal.

It's been pretty successful as far as I can tell. I also have read about scar tissue removal and how sometimes it can create MORE scar tissue than before... But that isn't every case. In my case, it didn't.
  • Lo,
    Did your doc do anything to prevent the scar tissue from coming back during your fusion? My neurosurgeon mentioned wrapping the nerve to protect it. That scares me, since I don't know anyone who's had it done. I also wonder if I could have a piece of disc hidden inside the scarring. I've heard of that too. Sounds like you've had a lot done. I'm glad to hear things are going well for you.

• Hi guy's im into my 5 week post op (decompression L4 L5 S1) has i had more than one surgery obviously there is more risk of scar tissue.When it came to the surgery my surgeon found that i had aswell as lots of scar tissue some bone which made the area tight so they removed the bit of bone and the scar tissue(to ease the tenstion) i did lose alot of blood from the scar tissue i been told it can bleed alot..all i can say is check with your doctor and asked as many questions as you can..however minor

take care
    decompression L4 L5 S1 LUMBER SPINE
  • I have also heard a tiny bit about nerve being wrapped, but hadn't learned much nor heard from anyone. Do keep us posted if you find out more!!