Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

GreyEagleGGreyEagle Posts: 350
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Matters of the Heart
I wasn't sure how to title this post. I was diagnosed with DDD, impingement of the disc between C5 and C6 on the nerve root and osteophytes at the end of June last year.

I've had several MRI's, CAT Scan so far. Each time I have an appointment with my neurosurgeon its a month out at least. Now its mid-Jan and no surgery yet. My wife is extremely anxious because she is afraid I'll lose my job. I have until June 2nd to avoid losing my job.

My Claims Manager for my LTD Claim says if it looks like I will still be on LTD 3 months before June 2nd she will initiate a SSDI application for me. The LTD Company has their own lawyers and claim they have a high success rate the first time around on the application.

My next appointment with my neuro is now March 2nd. Somewhere in all this I'm supposed to have an EMG.

I'm not particularly worried myself. I do worry about how my wife is going to take all of this. The only thing I can think of is to tell her to take it one day at a time and trust the Lord. What happens is in His hands (my opinion).

Ken GreyEagle

• my friend , you have had to wait and worry so much and yet your top priority is your wife and how she will be...you are an extraordinary man. As long as you continue to love her and reassure her then I am sure that it will all be just fine....your attitude is a great one and that goes a long way when dealing with our chronic pain and caring for our loved ones on these difficult journeys. Please remember that you are not alone , never alone , you always have us and we will support you in any way that we can. If you need me then you know that I am always just a PM or e-mail away. All my best to you and yours and I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.....take care....Miki
  • After all you've been through I am in awe of the fact that your worry is for your wife. I always knew that you are a kind and caring soul. If you trust in God then all things are possible. Don't forget that part. It's important to just keep loving her as you have all these years and assure her that what will be will be and you can't control that and neither can she. It will work out for the best you have to believe that. You're an amazing man and I hope that they can actually schedule your much needed surgery much sooner. You will be in all of our thoughts and prayers.
  • Ken,
    You are entitled to be concerned and dealing with issues that you have no control is never easy, I lost my job and understand some of those apprehensions of how it will make you and your wife feel, communication and support is important and you do not have a crystal ball, or the notion of the possible alternatives at this time. We are creatures of habit and it is never easy not knowing the future even when you do know what it holds or accepting it.

It is not sometimes in the accepting of change that we all find difficult, just not knowing and as most chronic pain patients we are mandated to adapt even if we do not like or accept those implications. Each day brings you nearer the unknown and keeping a realistic outlook, even disappointment as a possibility keeps your expectation on the radar and ready to adapt to the next chapter.

Even with my permanent change I am back working in a job that I love which would never have been a possibility at the time and I look to make every opportunity a positive, even if only trying is the sole option.

It is only natural for those who love us to be concerned for us and the future.

Good luck and take care.