Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

medial branch block

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,670
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Chronic Pain
hi everyone, i have ddd,radialculopathy,and a tear in my L5,S1 disc. ive had several root nerve injections and last week i had a medial branch block. and i have been in horrible pain ever since. although, it helped the pain in my left leg the pain in my lower back has worsened by the day. has anyone else had this experience? i am having a really hard time so any advice on how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated. i know not all docs do the same thing but has anyone had the block fail? if so what else did you have done? thank you in advance for any advice anyone has.

• I had a medial branch block and was in horrific pain afterwards. Ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off of lower back did give me some relief. It did work but was very temporary relief. I had an endoscopic microdiscectomy to remove repair my annular tare. Good luck and please keep us posted.
  • for responding.i have to wait until my next dr. appt before i find out what is next. i researched the advice you gave me and im hoping that it will be something that my dr. would be willing to do. it looks like it might help me. but, thank you again.
  • How are you doing? I haven't talked to you in a bit. I am sorry to hear you are still in pain and the injection didn't help. I too had medial branch block and that didn't work for me either. I did this last year before I had the fusion surgery. Keep in touch and hang in there. My thoughts and prayers are always with you. I hope you get in contact with your doc and discuss another type of injection or something else that can help your pain better.
This discussion has been closed.