Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here's a question for all of you

dcarterddcarter Posts: 76
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have been searching the web to see if there is a list out there of all the problems that can occur from a lumbar fusion. Or any type for that matter. What I want to know is if there is somewhere out there that has like a kind of cheat sheet to look at for different pains. I guess its the engineering mind in me but like when you have a problem with your computer you can refer to the back of the book and look up the issue and it gives you a list of items to look at. I AM IN NO WAY COMPARING OUR ISSUES TO THE ISSUES FOUND IN A COMPUTER. I am just using that as an example.
So if we had a cheat sheet to look at that says something like "feeling of something pulling in the back of my leg" and then has a column that says "could be nerves healing from repair""could be muscles spasms" or "unending muscle spasms" then the column says "see doctor asap". That type of thing sure would help me.
Does this sound silly at all? It just seems like there are so many of us that have somewhat alot of the same issues during healing so if there was a sheet to post of NORMAL healing types of pains then it would ease the minds of people that are worried about the pain that they are feeling. Or on the otherside, for abnormal pains, it would alert a person to not wait for the doctor to call back and go to the ER asap.
It sure would help me.

What do you all think???? My feelings don't hurt easily so don't be afraid to say that its not a good idea at all.

• let me know if you find something like that. Seems like every day I have different symptoms and wonder the same thing that you do. "Is this normal? Is this what healing feels like? Is this something that needs to be discussed with my doc or am I just wimpy?"

I'll be very interested in other responses to this thread.