Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

katycatkkatycat Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
I am so pleased to have found this site. Looking at some of the intros I can see that many of you have been through the mill and deal with so many huge problems on a daily basis.

My problems are slightly different. For over two years I told my GP about the strange almost indescribable tingling that would wake me in the early hours of every morning. It was really unpleasant and made me squirm and wriggle disturbing my husband too. During the day I wouldn't notice it. However my spine cracks constantly (painlessly)and I have arthritis in both hands. I was tired and depressed, I didn't want to eat and had lost over 2 stones in weight. Finally one of the practice GPs referred me to a physio assessor who found that my reflexes were brisk and that I had limited neck movement. As I have also been treated for breast cancer she said she would arrange an MRI scan. She then rang me to say that she had the results of the scan and had referred me on to a neuro surgeon.

I attended the NS appointment. I walked into his room and he showed me the scan pictures on his computer. As a lay person I saw what looked like heart shapes all the way
along my spine. He said it was spinal stenosis and that it was widespread and that surgery wasn't an option. He referred me on to a pain clinic where I was given a letter to take to my GP suggesting I start on Pregabalin.

I take the drug now. I go back to the pain clinic in March
and that is it. I feel abandoned as a lost cause. My right hand and foot often go cold and my whole spine aches if I stand or bend for too long. The tingling still happens and my hands often feel numb. I have to lie flat in bed because if I use pillows I wake up unable to breathe properly.I have had no 'official' explanation. What I know I have found out myself on line. All I can see is progression to a wheelchair and then .....?

I was just looking to share experiences and maybe come across people with similar issues who know a bit more about this than I do.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. give the medication a chance to work. often times we expect fantastic things when we recieve a diagnosis but only the opposite happens. have you talked to your doctor about being depressed? :-C it is a very real side effect of chronic pain. i hope that meeting others, suffering as you are, will bring you some comfort. :X we have an "Arthritis" forum you might take a good look at. check out the top of the forum under "Conditions" and that might give you a better understanding of what has happened to you. :? Good luck as your search for pain relief! Jenny :)
  • You have come to the right place for understanding and support. Have you thought about getting a few more opinions? In my personal case I have found that finding the right doc has been the key in getting a diagnosis and some pain relief. It took me 2 years to find a doc that could and would help. But it was well worth the effort. Good luck and please keep us posted.