Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HopeforChuckHHopeforChuck Posts: 166
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hello Everyone!

Well, I had my 2 month post op appointment--more like 10 weeks. The PA said no PT until 3 months. At 3 months they will do a Catscan if I am still having pain issues. I say "why bother?" Do I really want to be exposed to the radiation? They aren't going to do anything anyway--apparently it takes 6 months to a year if the fusion is even going to work. She said the fusion needs to "stiffen up" and my pain will decrease. I asked her if there was anything I could do to move the process along--she said no--just walk one mile a day--I actually do much more. They took X-Rays and she said she couldn't tell if it was fusing. She said it was still "setting up." Whatever. I HAVE improved slowly. My pain meds are cut in half or less and my back doesn't feel like it is coming apart--like it did at the one month mark. It DOES feel like it is coming together. The pain down the leg is less as well. So--do you think the pain corresponds to the fusion process? So, if it is 30 percent fused (if we could see it), then 30 percent of the pain is gone, and so on? That's what it feels like to me. I guess everyone is different. Well, we just drove to Florida over a 2 day period (20 hours total driving)--got up and walked every hour for a few minutes, especially for my blood clots--I know it was crazy--but we did it and I don't feel any worse than I do at home. The only numbers that matter to me are the 10 day forecast: 72, 76, 77, 78, 80, 82, 80, 78, 76, 74. The expected weather here is the first stroke of good fortune I have had in a while--of course, I believe that God has his hand in everything--but you know what I mean. The past several days have been VERY cold for Florida--but we just arrived tonight (so we missed the cold) and it is supposed to be AWESOME the next 10 days. YEAH!!!!

• It's nice to hear some good news. Enjoy your visit to Florida and save some of that sunshine for me. I'll be there Feb 8 - 11 and sure hope for some good weather too. I live in Missouri and today we had 65 degree temps, but back to low 30's on Saturday, yuck! Enjoy!
  • The CT scan will ensure that everything is in place, hardware, bones etc and you can also get a better ides of fusion from a CT then from an X-ray. It is pretty cool actually to see it grow.
    Enjoy your holiday, you are a brave man doing all that driving!
    I hope the weather is great for you. I am currently (at 11.30 PM) sitting in the middle of a heatwave in Sydney. It is 95deg INSIDE! ~X( I am soon going to sneek over to my parents house and have a swim without waking them up. :))(
    Blessings Sara O:)