Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What do you think?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Pain Management
Hi all,

I'm just trying to get opinions from people. I've been seeing my PM doc for a year. I like him personally & he has helped me a lot. I usually don't see him. I see one of the nurse practioners. There are three nurses there. I've noticed that there have been several mistakes made. I have been given refill scripts for the wrong medication. Actually the right med but wrong amt of miligrams. I've caught errors on my name and my address. I've had xrays made & was told by the doctors office that I didn't need the films--they'd take of it. That was wrong. I'm trying to get new x-rays done. I was told by a nurse that the hospital would call the schedule. I didn't get a call. The hospital said they'd didn't know why I was told that. It was walk in and no appt necessary. I wish I was given the correct info. Because of my schedule, I won't be able to get it done until Monday. I would have done it this morning if I had known!

Is is time to schedule an appointment with the doctor and discuss my concern with the numerous errors and how it's affecting my medical care? Is this the norm these days?

• LuAnn,

Most definately have a sit down with your doctor and express your many founded concerns. Maybe this will help, maybe it won't, but it sure couldn't hurt.

I just left an office like that.... it was from Hell. We need to stand up and say something when things aren't right. Respectfully and calmly ofcourse, but discuss it none the less.

Best of luck to you. I hope things will improve for you.

• I've found that the quickest way for me to resolve an issue was with the Office Manager. I called and made an appointment with them and expressed my concerns, and they were resolved.
  • Are you keeping a journal with the mistakes, date and who you were seeing when it happened? It would probably be a good idea, the doctor or office manager may find it very helpful if they have details. I hope you talk to someone in the chain of command, the managers may not know their office staff is being sloppy and this is too important of a business to make those kind of sloppy mistakes.
    Take care,
  • Thanks all for the advice,

I spoke to the office manager about my concerns. I did have dates that the issues occurred. She said she would speak to the nurse.

I'll see where things go from here. I'll also start watching my scripts more carefully to make the the amount of milligrams is correct.

• Luann,

I hope that this has a positive outcome for you and that your experiences with their office improve dramatically. Good for you for standing up and having your voice heard. I find that very difficult and stressful so I can imagine you feel better just having taken that step. Good on ya!

Take care,

• I love my doc, but his med asst. is way too conservative for this line of work! I have had my pain meds DISCONTINUED by the med asst., the wrong meds called in to my pharmacy, and my pain meds knocked down to ONE PER DAY! :O So, I will from this point on be seeing my doc and not the med asst....that is if I don't change docs altogether! 8}