Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Muscle Spasms?

nursedina001nnursedina001 Posts: 235
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ok..maybe I am stupid, but I am having this weird pain and I was wondering if you can tell me if they sound like muscle spasms.

I know you guys are not doctors, and I will ask my doc about them on Monday.'

I am having these weird sharp pains that come and go kind of fast on my right hip/lower back area. They are kind of sharp and they hurt quite a bit. It just started today.

I've never had a muscle spasms before and she gave me medication for them for when/if I had them.

Does this sound like a muscle spasm to you?

Thanks for any opinions you could give Thanks :)

• I'd be interested as well. I developed hip pain the last couple of days.
  • Could be a warning that you have a problem there and the muscles are tensing up to protect it.
    It may be related to where the spine and pelvis link. I get a few problems there if I do too much twisting from sweeping or raking, that sort of thing.
    Try going for a walk of at least 30 minutes, and take longer strides than usual. This can help stretch those muscles and allow a joint that is not sitting right to sort itself out.

Try some other stretching exercises to see if you can ease the problem.
    Lie on your back on a bed and raise one knee to your chest, clasp it with your hands for a few seconds then let it go back down. Repeat several times, then do the other leg.
    Also try it both knees to chest at the same time.

Have one leg flat and the other raised up at the knee. Slowly roll over to put the raised knee on the bed, then go to the other side the same. Repeat, change legs.

Lie on stomach and rise up on both elbows. Try to relax your hips so that they lower flat, hold this as long as you can.
    This helps to put the natural curve back into your spine.

If it persists, see a chiropractor. He will be able to put the joint right.

I get this all the time and the only one who can fix me is the chiro. A lifesaver.
  • I have had spasms like that before. Right after my TLIF I was given Vslium mg and it is very helpful, but I was switched over to zanaflex after the refills ran out. It's typical to have spasming like that, but it's good that you are getting examined on Monday. I hope the zanaflex does the job and it helps you out. Take care