Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Selling stuff on Craigslist!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Water Cooler
I have a question that I would to ask and get some feedback on. Has anyone on here ever posted items for sale on either EBay or Craigslist? If so, were all of the responses that you received only from people trying to scam you?
Of course I've heard all of the horror stories of people being scammed on sites like that be good grief, that is THE ONLY type of responses that I've gotten. Has anyone ever sold something and it was legit? I've listed 3 items on Craigslist and am so disgusted by the responses that I've gotten and I no longer feel that it's worth it to even bother. I even find it insulting how dumb the scammers think I must be by the obvious way in which they go about it. They've wasted my time, which I'm sorely lacking, and I just no longer believe in it anymore.
At this point I'm too scared to bother listing anything on Ebay since even a Cashiers Check will most likely be fake. How does anyone ever sell things this way and have it come out succesfull?
I would love to get any feedback on this subject from people who have already tried this. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I am so fed up!
advertisement

Comments

• I've only bought from ebay and its been a pretty good experience but haven't sold anything. Good luck with your sales. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I've sold quite a bit of stuff on ebay. Everything was paid for using paypal, which guarantees the funds. I had absolutely no problems at all.
    jay
  • A pal a pal account is the only safe way to do it. best of luck
  • A pal a pal account is the only safe way to do it. best of luck
  • My husband and I have sold things on both sites but more on ebay. Always use paypal! Pay pal is great unless you don't want to pay the fees associated with selling on the sites. Buyers who are local like to visually inspect the item especially if it is a big ticket item. Although I have sold a truck or two site unseen mostly because of our excellent prior feedback. Most people aren't scammers but are looking for great deals and/or unusual stuff they can't find locally. Craigslist seems to attract local folks so a certified check or cash is recommended. Wejust sold a snowmobile trailer on craigslist after posting it 2 hours earlier and the customer paid cash and picked it up all within 2 hours! Unreal, but if you have it and someone else wants it and it's resonably priced, good for both parties. Caution is a must but don't let the scammers scare you off. Good Luck to you
  • My friend next door and I have sold a number of things on
    Craigslist. The one thing we do is not have a person come to pick something up when one of us is alone. I never give out my address until I am ready for the person to come pick the item up. I had a card table in a closet that I had never used except when I gave a baby or bridal shower - I thought, I'll put that on Craigslist and it was gone it an hour. I sold a bookcase and a really sweet cottagey bookcase both of those for more than I paid. I have sold a playhouse, a kitchen table and chairs and I sold those for the full amount that I paid about 6 years ago. My neighbor had several Dooney & Bourke handbags just taking up room and she sold those in a flash. We always say cash only. I sold a t.v. and a file cabinet - several things. We are planning to sell our house in a few years and move to a patio home or a condo. So I told my husband I was going to start getting rid of everything that I don't use or will never use again. And I have - on Craig's list. Actually that is how I have spent my 4 months waiting for surgery - looking around and getting rid of things like tablecloths that don't match anymore - you know all the misc. things that you wouldn't want to take to a new house with you. I know I would never feel well enough to have a garage sale and I don't want garage sale prices for these things - and on Craigslist I think people just pay more. But - I am now officially out of things to sell! I'm done. But it was a good feeling to think if we had the urge to move, we wouldn't be taking things with us we don't use. I never had a scam problem - but was extremely leery of giving information out over the phone - I would say what part of town I lived in but didn't just say - this is my address come by whenever. And we always say cash but I think most people expect that. I think it's a great way to sell things because - it's free and newspaper ads are expensive.
    Well, that's my Craigslist experience! Susie
advertisement