Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Four surgeries to fuse (L2 to S1)

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had spinal srenosis and degenerative discs (L2 to S1.) My first surgery April 2005, two titanium cages and rods were installed, 47 stapes later, and almost one year later, the upper cage came loose. March 2006, second surgery to replace upper cage and place new bone to once again attempt a fuse. March 2007, third surgery because the bottom cage came loose. Replaced cage and placed new bone to hopefully fuse the bottom area. October 2007, fuse took, however, fourth surgery needed to open passages because nerves were still being pinched.

January 2009, still have back pain, still have tingling and numbness in feet and toes, no strength in legs, can hardly walk whatsoever. still feels like nerves are being pinched.
Whats a person to do?

• Sometimes just putting it on the blogs will get you some good advice. Have you thought about getting a 2nd opinion with a different surgeon?
  • Welcome to Spine Health, Joe!

I think I would look for a new doctor (or two), at least for a consultation. Just make sure you do a thorough research about the surgeons you visit. With your problems you want somebody very good and experienced. Find out if there is anything to be done to find relief. In worst case scenario, find a good pain doctor who would help to make your life more tolerable.

Good luck!