Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Making your first post

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Spine-Health Announcements
Please Read

The new registered member for Spine-Health is growing and growing. The moderator team and myself try on a daily basis to make this site rewarding for each member.

We try to get in and provide a Welcome to Spine-Health post for all new members. I am sorry, but I know that we do not get to everyone! So, please do not feel slighted if you see other members with a Welcome post and you dont have one.

In addition to the Patient Forums, this site contains a wealth of knowledge that covers almost every possible aspect in dealing with Spines.

Here are three areas that are always hign in the number of different posts

1 Asking to have your MRI analyzed by other Spine-Health members.

There are no members on this site that are completely trained in reading and interpreting MRIs. We really ask that you do not post to have some one intrepret your MRI. This is something that you need to discuss with your doctor. I also srongly suggest that you get a second opinion regarding your MRI report. And IF two readings are far part, then I would get a third opinion.
So much is based on the MRI findings (Surgery, Treatments, Medication, etc)

2 Posting high pain levels.

I would highly recommend going to the Emergency Room IF your pain level is 9 and above You can not take care of a situation when you pain levels are that high.
We understand that Pain levels are very subjective.
There really isn't any measurement device that can be used to record your pain level. What one person's pain level of 5 could be another person's 9. Almost all medical organizations clearly post the meanings of the different pain levels.
Here is one of the more common charts used:

3 At Wits end your life is miserable.

We see this so often. Anytime I read a post from a member that is saying words to this effect, we all try to quickly jump and make a post. Pain is not easy and it can really rip your emotions and physical energy.

Here are some basic definitions regarding dealing with your pain.

An example of this is having you finger being smashed by a hammer. But then after of time the pain should diminish
Pain that lingers, does not go away, on going.

Dealing with Chronic pain can be very difficult. It can strip away at so many things that you have always enjoyed.
It is very important to know how to emotionally manage chronic pain
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• The definitions didn't copy over. Try that again please.

I'd just like to add my welcome to any and all new registered members. You are now a part of a huge family of spineys who look out for one another.

Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!