Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi New to Spine Health Recovery Issues-Arm Pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I just wanted to say hi to everyone and give a little support to everyone here. Just knowing & reading about people with problems just like me makes me feel better and know I'm not alone. Some days I'm awful depressed & lonely, and feel there's no answer...but I go to this forum & feel the support you guys give each other, & I finally decided to join.

I'm 38, recovering from a C5-6 level ACDF on 11/03/08. It's been rough. I've had NO relief!!! I feel like I haven't even had the surgery. All my symptoms are still there! I have occipital neuralgia, causing major migraines, neck pain towards the left side, shoulder, arm pain, numbness, weakness, tingling, spasms, the whole bit. My post op x rays look good and I'm fusing. My NS has my pysio sending me to pt, I also had a stellate ganglion block (unsuccessful), and on Feb 3rd I go in for another EMG. My thoughts are that my pysio waited too long to refer me to a NS and I have permanent nerve damage! I also have 2 bad discs on L4andL5 with spinal stenosis and the sciatica is so bad with that. Guess what...left side! (although I do feel numb and pain on the right occasionally). I also get electric shocks all over my body from time to time.. anyone else experience these?

• I guess you'll know more when they get the EMG results back. I hear it takes a long time for nerves to heal so don't think forever yet. I'm glad you joined and you won't feel so lonely. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You are not alone at all. I have a lot of symptoms following my cervical spine surgery. You are still early and it does take a long time for nerves to heal so don't get ahead of yourself. The EMG/NCV test will show a lot about your nerves. As for the L4L5 issue I have that as well, it has been kicking around a lot the past few days but I am trying to ignore it....not easy. Just hang in there and do not think bad thoughts, stay postitive.

• I know it takes time, and I should be more patient. I just want to feel better, like I used to. With my lower back issues, it's hard to get around, or sit too long. I had a lumbar epidural 2 wks ago, still waiting for that to kick in...I know the routine; they take several weeks to start working for me. I've had 4 epidurals in my cervical spine before the surgery. they only give temporary relief...but I'll take it!!!