Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

• That is just wonderful, I take Darvocet and have had no problems at all. Now I guess my doctor will have to move me up to something stronger so I will be "safe"

• I know, how in the heck the FDA picks and chooses which drugs to look at I don't know, but Darvon wouldn't have been one I ever would have thought of.
  • I wonder if the FDA will start to go after Oxycontin next because of all the negative publicity. I have taken Darvocet ages ago and it didn't do a lot but was better than nothing. I think Motrin 800 mg works better.
  • Without any real documentation, I personally think the FDA is going to crack down on Fentanyl patches(Duragesic.) Too many people selling them and then dead teens/early twenties youths found with multiple patches on their bodies.

I actually just watched an episode of Dr. G Medical Examiner where she speculated that one death happened by a fentanyl patch accidently releasing too much of the med instead of a time release.

I personally like fentanyl patches, don't use them now, but I bet with recent publicity that it's on the FDA hotlist.
  • Without any real documentation? There's decades of research and documentation showing Darvon has a very poor risk to benefit ratio.
  • Sorry, my post was confusing! I meant that I had no real proof or documentation that Fentanyl would be on the FDA's hotlist next, that it was just speculation on my part. I didn't mean the Darvon! Sorry, I just like to make it clear if I am just giving an opinion based on my randomn thoughts or if I had medical research to back it up. Instead, I guess I ended up confusing the whole issue! :) sorry!
  • did u read her entire thing? jeez, be nice people.
  • sorry, didn't confuse me at all, couldn't help but respond. hope i didn't offend bionic--just got the "cold shoulder" feel and got offensive (unintentionally) myself.
  • If you compare darvocet to other scheduled drugs I think you will find worse reports than these.
    The safety office found more than 3,000 reports of serious problems. The top three were suicide, drug dependence and overdoses.
    In my opinion the FDA is looking at darvocet because it's cheap(in comparison to some other scheduled medications).These reports are not shocking and it shouldn't be a surprise.Larger numbers wouldn't surprise me,after all the drug has been around for over 50 years.