Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help me please

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi, my name is Marybeth, I am 29 years old and I have had this tingle numb feelings for over two years now. I don't know what it is caused from but I do know after two years of it it is still very annoying and I thought maybe through other people I could get some anwsers. It started in Nov. of 2006 I don't remember doing anything to injure my self. It started out just going down one leg and it would get so bad I couldn't feel my foot some times I would be walking or standing and then I would almost fall over because I couldn't feel my foot. Well eventually It went to both legs and feet. And every one told me that it must be my syatic nerve. Well around may or june of 2008 It starteted going down my arms and hands as well. And it started getting really bad at night to were I could hardly get to sleep and when I would wake up my arms and legs would be so tingly and numb I would have to flop around in bed like a fish to be able to feel them enough to be able to get out of bed. Well through that whole first year and about 9 months I had been exersiceing pretty regularly trying to loss some weight and get in shape well then I quite working out for a few months and I noticed it slowly started getting better until it was almost not bothering me at all and I never thought much about it until I started up working out a few weeks ago and now it is really bad agian. If anyone has any suggestions or knows anything I can do to make it better please please let me know. I appriciate your time in reading this.

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am not familiar with your problem , i am sure someone will be by to help you.. :D good luck as you deal with your problem. Jenny :)
  • Hi and welcome to Spine Health. I've never quite heard anything like what you've described, but I know if I were experiencing something like that, I would go talk to the doc and see if there's something going on. You could have any one of a multitude of problems and the best way to find out is to see a doc.

Anyway, we are all here for you and you will find this place is full of a lot of caring folks. Stick around and makes some friends.

• Hello Marybeth and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry for your pain and discomfort. I'm not a doctor just a spiney and I do recommend very much that you take an appointment with a Neurologist so he or she can diagnose you and give you the right treatment..
    best of luck and please do come back and let's know what you found out..

• Have you sought medical advice about this? Have you had an MRI or CT scan? I've had tingling and numbness due to a herniated lumber disc and tear and get sciatica in my legs. I also experience numbness and tingling in one arm due to neck issues like DDD and arthritis. I also have a tennis elbow where I have pain and numbness but it's due to cervical issues, I know this because when I went to a Physiotherapist she gently put my head in her one hand and stretched my base of my skull toward her and the tingling stopped in my arm. Anyway sorry to talk about me and also I never awoke all numb unless I was sleeping on a limb arm or leg. So, It's important because the numbness and tingling could be something else. You should tell your Family Dr. these symptoms and he should order an MRI or other test to find out the cause. We can only guess here what is causing your problem because no one here is a Doctor. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Marybeth, I am so sorry for what you are dealing with. I agree with others here, get to your doctors and get a work up, only way to know, and unfortunatly, sometimes even then we don't get all the answers.... But myself with all the neck problems I had I/have tingling and weakness in leg and arms and was due to cervical issues...we are all so different and getting an MRI is the only way you will find something out...I wish you best dear, HUGS >:D<
  • I'm sorry for your discomfort :( I'm also having similar issues and in the process of figuring it out. I would totally agree with the idea of seeing a Neurologist to see what's going on or at least see a GP first about it and see if they can point you in the right direction.

Best of luck!