Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

rhBMP2 Adverse Outcomes-LONG

• BTW, how'd the cath results turn out?
  • The last one I had (Wednesday) was pretty uneventful. The results show the stent they placed two weeks prior was ok. They think the issue may be my body is forming the epithilial layer over the stent. For whatever reason, that may be causing the PVC's I had over the weekend. If I keep having issues, I'll have to wear a 30 day monitor. The holter did'nt show anything remarkable. As one of the cardiologists said, I must be really "in tuned" to my body in knowing when something is acting up. Who knows! 2009 has started off as a pretty suckish year!

I think I'll write a book for all medical professions. The primary point will be that a patient knows their body and knows when something isn't right despite what an electronic piece of equipment says. Before one cardiologist saw my thallium pics, he dismissed the EKG saying the rhythm was unspecific. He was going to send me home. The nurse told him I was there for a thallium test and he shrugged it off. His very comments were that a 42 year old can't be having chest pain. Meanwhile, I was later diagnosed with a 95% block in my RCA after the first catheter. Not to mention my 42 year old brother in law dropped dead 2 years ago of a massive MI. Some doctors are worth their weight in gold, others should be knocked up side the head!

Thanks for asking! Sorry I got on my high horse.
    Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • Well, Keith, I can tell you right now what your problem is. That BMP is interferring with your stent! =))

That was a joke folks, don't start flaming.

I think you could write a book. You have so many perspectives-think about all of those patients you treated in the field who told you something that maybe you thought was a little insignificant(god knows I've been guity of that) and it turned out they knew what was wrong! So, you could write it from a provider and a patient perspective.

Healthcare providers need to understand that some of us might be a little crazy, but for the most part, patients know when something is just not right.
  • Huh, I never thought of BMP interferring with the stent! Think I can get my PPD increased for that!?!

My all time favorite response I made in the field was dispatched as a 78 yr old female having "spells". In some parts of Kentucky, when someone says their having spells you check to make sure there are no snakes slithering around! When I gave the doctor at the ER my report, he just looked at me and shrugged his shoulders.

Good times, good times!

Several Epidurals, L4-S1 360 ALIF, Numerous Facet Joint Injections, RFA x2
  • In my area, people "fall out" which means passing out(usually the kind of passing out preceeded by a fight with boyfriend, etc. and you can lift their arm and drop it and it will not hit their face.

Oh yes, I think you should ask work comp to increase your PPD for bmp induced stent issues. I'm sure they would be highly interested. Actually, it might raise your PPD rating because they'd think you were a pysch case! :))(
  • I want to cry!! Finally I have found someone here who knows what I've been suffering through.

I have been suffering from Titanium allergy following Cervical fusion for the last 2 years. I finally had titanium plate and screws removed after 15 mos. My surgeon and insurance (worker's compensation) still do not believe in this allergy, and my insurance is refusing to pay for the surgery I had to remove it, saying it was an "elective" surgery! It has been 8 months since removal, and I have improved about 75%, but still suffer everyday of my life! I have diffuse joint pain throughout my body, and my neck hurts worse than it ever did before my fusion. I have found a laboratory named MELISA on the internet, that tests for Titanium allergy. I haven't had the test yet, still fighting the insurance, but this lab's website is what finally shed some light on my suffering.

My heart goes out to all who are needlessly suffering.....I honestly felt like I was dying when I still had the Titanium in me. It was like my whole body had turned on itself. I could barely walk, and my arms, legs, feet and hands were horribly edematous. I couldn't make a fist it was so bad. The metal ions collect in your joint spaces, and your immune system attacks the ions as foreign substances. Since there are so many joints in the feet and hands, these areas were horribly affected.

I have been a nurse for 17 years. I know that Titanium allergy exists and I intend to prove it. MELISA has alot of information for those of you who are looking for supportive documentation and possible testing.

Good Luck and God Bless all of you who are suffering
  • bone on nerves a not uncommon complication?

• Bumping this to the top as I have had multiple emails and PM's for this info.
  • Bumping once again due to multiple PMs and emails. Sorry if you've read it, but some folks struggling to find possibilities to bring up with their doctor.
  • Angie,
    Thank you thank you thank you...

I have read and will re-read all the info you have provided. As I stated before, I just found out that my doc used BMP on me without notifying me in advance. I am currently experiencing new leg pains and back pain that was not there before - in fact, it's on the other side of my original injury - I am having my doc look at stuff as well as going to another doc for a second opinion,

Thank you for all the research and the information!!
  • I see these are all old posts. But I am glad I ran across them. I had this stuff in my spine in 2006 and have never recovered. I am some what better than a couple of yrs ago but now am going from one surgery right onto the next. My spine pain is so much worse and the leg pain never really goes away anymore. Wow I feel like I am living a night mare and have come to find out that this is my life til the end now. I am so sorry for all who felt they were doing the right thing and following their surgeons advise only to end up with much worse medical issues..