Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New; not sure what to say... overwhelmed by pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions

I haven't posted anything, anywhere, for years; too overwhelmed!

Well, obviously, I'm new, or I wouldn't be posting here.

I have had back pain issues for about 10 years (lumbar disk, L3,L4, S1); Then, Fibromyalgia took over, and I thought THAT was my main problem. But recently, my back pain has got a lot worse. I know that I have recently gained 10 lbs; I thought it was due to the low doses of SAM-e I was taking in order to function and to stay sane amidst all the pain, but now, I have just read that that could also be a side-effect of Neurontin (since I've been on since this past Summer, for post herpetic neuralgia... Shingles! It was a nice bd present! :( )

(I have also just read that Neurontin can cause back pain, and mood swings! And here I thought it was the SAM-e... hard to tell!)

I had recently been trying to increase my Neurontin dose; bad mistake! :P It helped my fibro pain, but my back pain is unbearable! As for the PHN (post herpetic neuralgia), it's almost gone, so I'm hoping I can get back down to my original dose (I'm only taking 200 mg Neurontin; was taking 100 mg., but I'm ultra sensitive to drugs, and am on all sorts of other garbage, too).

(I only take a tad of SAM-e, occasionally; takes the edge off the pain... along with small doses of various analgesics, including a bit of Percocet).

I also have migraines, IBS, asthma, torn rotator cuff, cervical spine problems, and partially torn achilles tendons. Etc., etc, etc. (|: Oh, and anxiety and depression, of course.

(I just love all these smilies!!!)

I used to walk a lot, but since my back is "out", I can't even manage that!(And I don't drive).

I can get to the doctor's and food-shopping, but not much else.

I have so many conditions, that I am not sure in which forums to post! (Well, at least I didn't end that sentence with a preposition!)

I am going back to my old doctor, next week. I hope that I will soon have some answers, or peace.

I am trying to get a life back.

Oh, and I have a cat (or rather, she has me!) ;)

• Welcome to Spine-Health. You found a great site with lots of caring people. I hope you enjoy getting to know the site and find the support you are looking for.
    Take care
  • You've found a great place with a great bunch of people full of words of wisdom and always there for emotional support. Post any questions you have or just come here to vent. There is always someone around to help out. Again welcome to the forum and I'm glad you found us. :H
  • Hi Blueviolet!
    Welcome dear! You have found a great place for info and a LOT of careing people here! I know what you mean about not knowing where to post because I fit every catagory! :/
    As for your neurontin...I know it helps many people, myself it didn't, and I was put on Lyrica, it works much better for me.
    You will find many people here that care and are willing to answer your questions. And check out all info here, there is So much!
    This is the best place to find others who understand what your going through, and check out the chat, we have a lot of fun there and can ask questions too.

Most of us are overwhelmed by pain, your not alone hon..
    Welcome Welcome! Hugs Hugs! >:D<
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. check out the "Depression" forum some more input on that subject. :D good luck as you seek pain relief! Jenny :)