Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

have some questions

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello, I have had chronic back pain for 10 years. I manage pain with advil at most severe and I see a chiropractor regularly. 2 years ago I had an episode that kept me in bed for 2 weeks. I went to chiropractor 3 times a week for a few months and got better.

This Christmas I felt my back going out again and ended up in bed for a couple days. This back pain is different than I have had in the past...and it is refusing to heal. I went to doctor and he prescibed loratab, I get generic brand. I have only used loratab 3 times in my life equaling 3 pills...Loratab knocks me out and I hate the feeling it gives me but for pain management it works great.

After a month of pain and getting worse I decided to take my first loratab for this episode of back pain and it did nothing! Yesterday I decided to try the loratab again because my pain is severe, and again nothing. I am a little freaked out now that I still have severe pain after the loratab.

I honestly hate taking pills but after being in severe pain for so long I wanted a few hours of rest without pain. I was hoping a few hours of sleep without pain would help me heal. Does Loratab not work for other people?

• Welcome Normaje
    I personally did not have any luck with Loratab, maybe others have. I also do not like Chropractors, all they did was make it worse for me, but everyone is different.
    Have you ever had an MRI? if not get one done, you need to see whats going on in there.
    There is a world of information here so take a look around the site. You will also find a world of sweet careing people here. Welcome hon, hope you get some answers soon. >:D<
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck as you seek pain relief! :D Jenny :)
  • well, I am off to have xrays tomorrow. Dr. also referred me to PT. And gave me new meds, anti-inflammatory. Wish me luck. I have read through other posts and feel lucky compared to many.
  • I hope your Dr. sends you for an MRI it's hard to see anything on x-rays but spurs or fractures. I hope the anti-inflammatory helps reduce your pain. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN