Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

l4 l5 disck removal

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
i had the l4 l5 disc s removed jan of 08 and had screws and 2 rods put in,ever since that i have been in twice as much pain and more pain in different areas of my low back and groin,it got so unbearable that recently my doctor had a ct milogram done and it revealed that the top 2 screws had worn oblong holes into my vertebrae and was moving around causing the increased pain,now my doctor who did the surgery wants to go in from the front and fuse me from the front and not fix what is wrong,but said if this surgery did not solve the problem he would go back in from the back and remove the hardware,is this a normal thing to happen?,i am a casual smoker and my doctor told me this is why the screws came loose,does this sound normal or is he blowing smoke up my ####?all i know is that i tought after 6 yrs of this pain it would finally be done and now it is worse,when does it end,someone please help!!!!!
advertisement

Comments

• I'm sorry to hear about your surgery not going well... I had my L4/L5 fused about 3 1/2 years ago and am still looking for an answer to the pain as you described as being much worse and in different areas. One year after my surgery they removed the hardware thinking that may be causing the issue. Well no luck, I've been to more pain clinics than I can count an no help yet. I would not allow a surgeon to do anything to my back if I were you without getting a second opinion. All you can do now is hang in there and don't give up, if this was an ortho Dr my second opinion would be from a neurosurgeon. Good Luck, I'll be thinking of you and hope you find the answer your looking for.