Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My partner is a hot cup of tea

lulusheartllulusheart Posts: 4,273
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Sleep Problems
well, it is 3:30am my time and i am all alone!! ~X( it is no longer possible to have anyone in here with me other than Sirius and that is on selected nights. too much noise, too much light! ~X( do most of you wind up sleeping alone or with your four legged friends? do you wind up on the sofa or quietly lay awake all night long while your partner sleeps away beside you? are you a two bedroom household? maybe it is a cuddly, fuzzy bear? :D alot of us have our dogs beside us! :X what kind of "partner" do you have since you cannot sleep? a big stack of magazines? old movies? i usually wind up with a cup of hot tea in here with me!! <:P Jenny :)

• My partner is Butterbeans, my tri-color Enlgish Setter. I hate not having my husband with me and when we do get to sleep together (ahem, I mean SLEEP) its such a treat. Sometimes, I go upstairs to the great room and start a fire in the wood stove but mostly I hate leaving the nice warm bed so Dennis goes into the guest room and I watch TV (and cry, sometimes) until I finally fall asleep. If and when I do fall asleep Dennis comes back. Zelda, the German shorthair Pointer will stay with either one of us but Beans is MY partner. I'm not much of a tea drinker but there is something calming about the ritual of it that I rather enjoy.
  • My little Mini schnauzer, she with me all of the time. I usually aly in our bedroom and watch TV and talk with my hubby for awhile. Then, when he is ready to go to sleep I go out on the couch. I usually watch old movies, read or just putter around at night.I wish I liked tea, never did.. I wish we could all find that magical something that helps us sleep at night, I would love to beable to sleep all night in my bed with my hubby, if I did make it all night he'd probably think I went into a coma, it would scare him.
  • I have my own seperate office and small bed in another room from hubby. I feel asleep on the coach at 3am and up at 430 am First time I ever slept sitting up, I had our newly adopted kitty Mitten here with me on the couch but I'm upstairs now getting ready for another little nap. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • so cats and dogs are our best friends! :X John sleeps in another room and it is only during a nap or early in the morning when he comes in that we get to be close together like that.. i find it is really good time though!! :D of course Sirius divides her time between the two of us.. she comes in about 3 just like clockwork.. i don't like to see how sad we get being up at night, alone and in pain! :''( good to have friends here for sure!! i am looking at 3am and will get that cup of tea and see what happens!! (|: sleep well all! I) Jenny :)
  • Glad to hear someone else takes their tea to bed! I always go to sleep with a cup of tea. (Plain, sweet, hot tea.) My bf never uunderstood this, as he thinks the caffeine would keep me awake. (No the pain does that, the tea is very relaxing.) Also,I always have to sleep in the recliner, as that is the only way my neck is semi-comfortable. I have a nest of pillows on the recliner that have to be arranged "just so."

I can only lie down for very short time. It seems like the weight of my head puts pressure on my spine and causes more pain. I do sometimes go to bed for a while to"tuck him in." Then I go to my recliner and the cat, J.D., snugles up and sleeps beside my legs. When I start getting restless, the cat takes off, though.

Wishing you all good sleep and sweet dreams,

• Marti, good morning to another tea drinker!!! =D> after 2am here!! so you have a hard time getting and staying asleep! i am sorry to hear that! atleast you can tuck your boyfriend in bed and spend the evening with J.D.. :D your position sounds so uncomfortable but it sounds like you are sleeping the best way you can.. I) pillows are such a life saver!! get some shut eye yourself!! (|: Jenny :)
  • LizLiz Posts: 7,832
    Hi Jenny
    I too am a big tea drinker
    My husband goes off to bed leaving me to make up my bed on the couch.
    My cup of tea is a great comfort, while I am arranging and re- arranging the pillows and cushions at least 10 times to get them right propping me up as comfortable as possible. There is then the DS on the table next to me, that helps in the long lonely hours and if all else fails there is always the TV.

TC Liz

Liz, Spine-health Moderator

Spinal stenosis since 1995
    Lumber decompression surgery S1 L5-L3[1996]
    Cervical stenosis, so far avoided surgery
  • hi!! so you are a tea drinker as well.. =D> getting cozy with pillows and preparing for a long night ahead is the best way to handle a sleepless night.. (|: the rain has been heavy here all night and i am waiting for daylight to show up. time to get the day started. <:P hope you slept well and i am so happy to have another tea drinker on board!! :D Jenny :)
  • it is 1:30AM in the morning!! zzzzzz's I) i hope everyone is catching up on their sleep tonight!! watching t.v. and poking around on the computor...anyone else up tonight? (|: Jenny :)
  • =)) Ah ha ha - I just had to say that.Michael works night shift,but we do share the bed when he's home...but it's a kingsized bed so..

and I'm British,so of course I drink my cuppa tea.Sometimes I drink the green tea (though I assure you,I am NOT Japanese-lol)

Oh geez~It's like 5:30 here...AM,and I'm awake...still.I have a Dr appt at 1:45 PM today for bloodwork and I might try to reschedule.I'm exhaused.

I think Jenny,that I will have a cup of tea right now.. :)))
  • Robin, and you remembered the other love of my life. Sirius! :X hehehehe i love having a kingside bed!! =D> there is plenty of room to hang out in when there is a sleepless night ahead. (|: hope you made it to the doctor's!! nothing like a night without sleep to change our whole day around! ~X( as for me, i have a lovely cup of chamomille tea next to me right now! bottoms up! :D Jenny :)
  • Ha ha haha.I'm drinking coffe now! Not,NOT the best thing when one is seeking sleep,but alas,I've things to do,people to see,shopping to buy today.I need to be awake for that.

I made lists even......otherwise I would forget what I plan to buy.We have gift cards left over from C-mas and we are settled in...minus the details,but the big stuff is finished,and I need to get OUT of here & go shop and out to dinner today.

I deserve it-it's been a very rough 6 weeks.The past 2 have been really hard on me,and Michael too,but hey,this is about me-he can get his own forum :))(

Course I remembered Sirius,are you serious?

I cancelled that Drs appt.-It was just a bloodwork appt for my other medical conditions,but I rescheduled for the 17th.. :)))