Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Neck looks like question mark on xray

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,622
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I am a 61 year old man who never experienced much spinal pain in the past until around Christmas when I simply pushed up in bed with my arms (like doing a push-up). Suddenly I felt a flash of pain proceed down my shoulders and upper arm. Since then I oscillate between having no pain and then suddenly pain proceeding down the shoulder and arms, usually with pins and needles. When my doctor saw my cervical x-ray it was obvious to him that I had a degenerative arthritis which can be seen as a reduction in spacing in the c5 and c6 area, with less than 1/4 of the space in the C4 and above. The shape of the cervical spine looks like a question mark with the upper region curved and then a "kink" where the spine suddenly heads in a straight direction. That kink is right at the c5-c6 area of course.

I am a newbie to this forum and there are two things I noticed that I would like to comment on. I was wondering why so few forum participants were my age or older. Certainly the majority of the spinal issues are occuring in that group. Naturally the younger participants have bona fide conditions but mostly from accidents and other trauma.
Also I notice that there are no links to photos of xrays or other documentation. Perhaps someone would care to comment so I start off on the right foot here..
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    ">image

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Spinal problems and chronic pain have never discrimnated in terms of age. You can never be too young or too old to have spinal problems. In fact, the life 'pace' since the 1980's has gotten faster and faster and the demands have been greater. Some of that has taken its toll on younger people. When I had my first surgery in 1978, it probably was truer that spinal patients were older in age. Thats no longer true. Today, you will find more patients in the 30 to 50 range then you do in the over 65.
    Thats just the way the world has progressed.
    There are links to almost any type of spinal documentation, online videos and much more. Just click on some of the major tabs on the Spine-Health site. These forums are just a small part of what this entire site has to offer.

To get started, I would suggest going through the FAQ
    That should give you more than enough to get started. And when you have questions, dont hesitate to ask
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • i believe that there are quite a few of the older crowd on the forum they just don't announce how old they are.LOL :))( we seem to have a very wide range of ages that i've talked to anyways from the very young teenagers to sixty and above.i don't have any x-rays to even post on here.i know if you go to the homepage that there are different photos and explainations depending on what your looking for.
    welcome to the forum and if you have any questions i'm sure someone on here will have an answer for you.