Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

That's Just How It IS In LoUiSiAna

jeauxbertjjeauxbert Posts: 953
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:27 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Sorry gals/guys. I had to post something today for Zach to read, since I haven't had my Friday Funny from Steve...

You know you're from Louisiana if...
Your sunglasses fog up when you step outside, even in December.

You reinforce your attic to store Mardi Gras beads.

You don't look twice when you see pink flamingos in yards of nice subdivisions during Mardi Gras.

You save newspapers, not for recycling but for tablecloths at crawfish boils.

Your ancestors are buried above the ground.

You drink Community Coffee; have tried Starbucks, but don't see what all the fuss is about.

You take a bite of five-alarm chili and reach for the Tabasco.

Every once in a while, you have waterfront property.

You sit down to eat boiled crawfish and your host says, "Don't eat the dead ones," and you know what he means.
You don't learn until high school that Mardi Gras is not a national holiday.

You push little old ladies out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads.

Little old ladies push YOU out of the way to catch Mardi Gras beads.

You believe that purple, green, and gold look good together.

Your last name isn't pronounced the way it's spelled.

You know what a nutria is but you still pick it to represent your baseball team.
Your town is low on the education chart, high on the obesity chart and you don't care because you're No. 1 on the party chart.

Your house payment is less than your utility bill.

You know that Tchoupitoulas is a street and not a disease.

Your grandparents are called "Maw-Maw" and "Paw-Paw."

Your Santa Claus rides an alligator and your favorite Saint is a football player.
You cringe every time you hear an actor with a Southern or Cajun accent in a "New Orleans-based" movie or TV show.

You have to reset your clocks after every thunderstorm.

You're walking in the French Quarter with a plastic cup of beer.

When it starts to rain, you cover your beer instead of your head.

You've eaten at one or more of these restaurants, AND know how to pronounce them: Prejeans, Tu Jac's, Gallatoire's, Ralph & Kacoo's, Brunet's, or Mulatte's.

You eat dinner out and spend the entire meal talking about all the other good places you've eaten.

You call home just to find out what your moma'nem are having for supper tonight.

Yeah, you right. Have a good day, cher!

• i was born in Louisiana with a banjo on my knee!! =)) i am one happy southern belle! :D Y'all make me laugh! =)) Jenny :)
  • I ate the baby in that really thick cake...
    does that make me a cannibal?
    Kings cake???
    not so spensive and it taste good too.
    Ps.NEVER EVER!!! did I say NEVER! touch any part of your face while eatin mudbugs...
    experience is a BAAAADDDD teacher, Its a good way of showing all the neighbors round the crawfish boil/pool party yor plumbers cleavage as you dunk thy now fiery crainial appendage under water to cool the flames...
    took me years to live that one down.
    Ya...its hot,
    no one told me to not touch any body parts when eatin 'bugs!
    that coona*& red stuff will clean the rust off stainless steel!
    bon ton rule' or something to that effect!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod

Welcome to Spine-Health

• My ex-father in law was from Mexico City. My Mother in law is from Baton Rouge, LA. Her brother was a cut up to the nth degree. When the ex-inlaws from Mexico visited the first time, we had a huge crawfish boil. My exMIL's brother told them to throw away the tails (in his general direction) and eat the heads. AND THEY DID! for a while anyways... Til my ex-FIL told them they were doing it wrong!

Yeah. Experience can be cruel. but it can sometimes be funny "as all git out" (if someone else is getting the experience!).

Hope you enjoyed the eating part!