Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

discogram tomorrow help please!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi to all. I am new her but been reading topics occasionally. I have had pain in Rt. buttock for two years next month. I was on my daily run of 3 miles and a gorgeous spring day when i felt a pop in my back, hip, not sure exactly. I have been in pretty severe , burning pain since then. Multiple injections , MRI showed sl. bulging l-3, l-4, seen 4-5 different MD'sI I had a PM that later I found out was lousy lots of meds, injections, and still no diagnosis. I have a new PM that is a 2 hour drive away we are a rural state, mostly. So she has done diagnostic facet inj., epidural inj, SI joint inj. all negative. Tomorrow i am having a discogram, that they said is painful to see if I have some kind of tear. Right now I am scared, in pain but on pain meds oxyc. 40, and oxycod., My rt. butt cheek burns all the time and has for 2 years. All I want is a diagnosis I am 50 and was in good health.running going to gym etc. I would appreciate any encouraging words I have birthed eight children all without pain meds. or epidurals so i know I can do acute pain. But this two year old chronic pain is becoming more than I can deal with. Please help.
advertisement

Comments

• Hi leliemb

Looks like you may be on your way for your discogram, and i hope it goes well! I remember when they did mine for lumbar herniations 10 years ago... wasn't the most pleasant of procedures.. they poked at 2 discs... one was fine and didn't bother or hurt at all... but the shall we say problematic one... hurt alot alot when they poked it. I had to look at that as a good thing! At least i got a diagnosis! Believe it or not my MRI had been normal, and they were beginning to talk about sending me to counsellors making me think they didn't believe i was in PAIN! anyway.. the discogram proved there was a problem, and my lumbar surgery went fine (i was 30 at the time!) For a woman who'se managed natural childbirth... i'd say this will be a walk in the park lol! I screamed epidural for that!!

Hope you get some answers
    L4-L5 fusion 1998; ACDF C4-6 2008; DDD