Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
Wondering if these conditions leave others feeling really tired? There are days I feel lucky to get through a few hours of work and seems like I can't get my energy back - I assume this is a response to dealing with the pain and moving around a lot more since I can't sit or stand in one place for long, but wondered if others have similiar problems.

• from my experience with low back pain and radiculopathies in both legs i can say my energy level has dropped tremendously!!! i went from being a fairly active 20 year old to sleeping a good 12 hours at night and still needing a nap in the afternoon. i dont know if its the medicine im on (lortab, robaxin) ive also gained weight from my lack of energy. which is weird because with the drop in energy level i have been eating much less. also, when i changed medications a couple of weeks ago to a stronger dose of lortab i had severe insomnia for about a week. so all in all my sleep and energy levels have been pretty screwed up but yes i do feel the same as you.
  • Yes, I'm really tired, I have'nt slept a full night in months. I force myself to make it through work then at night I sleep 3 hours wake up watch tv then sleep for an hour or two untill it's time to get the kids up and do it all over again. I'm the kind of person that usually bounces off the wall , i'm not bouncing anymore.
  • I'm tired a lot, too. Before my injury 6-7 hours of sleep was enough, now I'd like 8-10 hours at least each night. I think being tired comes from a lot of things - the constant pain in multiple parts of my body, all the meds, lower quality sleep, worrying about my health, and being depressed about the prospect of things not getting better. I felt really guilty about being "lazy" because I used to be very active (and my brain is still telling me to be active, even though my body can't hack it), but my chronic pain psychologist told me it's normal for people in our situations to feel fatigued.
  • Hi, I'm new here and I have some questions. The "tiredness" title grabbed me right away because I am exhausted. I was wondering if any of you have had surgery? I was tired all the time before the surgery and I'm tired all the time now, is this is normal?
    I suffered for 6 months with sciatica/radiculopathy. I was tired all the time. All I could do was work a few hours and sleep. Everyday was the same. Sleep, work, sleep. I tried everything and just kept getting worse. Finally surgery was recommended.
    I'm now 2 weeks post-op and I feel so much better. The leg/foot pain was gone when I woke up from anesthesia, and that same day I was walking the halls of the hospital, without leg pain, and without a limp for the first time in 6 months.
    My only complaint is that I'm still so tired. For the first week after the surgery I was sleeping about 16 hours a day. I've been sleeping a little less now and am thankfully able to be a bit more active, but I'm still really tired. I'm only 30, and until all this happened I was relatively normal. I'm hoping that someday I'll get that back.