Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

celebrex

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,623
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:27 AM in Arthritis, Osteoarthritis
I took CELEBREX for 7 weeks before I discovered that it has a sulfa component. I am allergic to sulfa, sulfer, sulfanamide, etc) I had some side bad effects.
Guess what !! I now also find out that the ZOCOR I have been taking for 2 months is why my joints and hand arthritis were hurting unusually bad! That is why the doctor gave me celebrex. I have bad side effects to ZOCOR but it was hidden by the Celebrex and then I had the sulfur allergy complications with that!
I found all of this out on my own just googling all I could.

I hope my liver, kidney, heart, etc are not damaged! I did
catch this all in 8 to 12 weeks and my doctor is listening
and we are on the ball with bloodwork and communicating.
I did stop the drugs the minute I discovered what was going
on and I do think I have a little withdrawl from Celebrex.

We must be our own advocate. I am always asking questions.
After all, I am from Missouri the show me state!!!

Thanks for listening,
Farmgirl

advertisement

Comments

• Hi farmgirl,

Thanks for the info about Celebrex. I had a doc prescribe me Celebrex and had an aweful reaction to it, now I know why I am to allergic to sulfa. Thanks for the info.

Kate
  • Thank you for your post. It is so danagerous that doctors don't always know what is alright for you.

A number of OS and NS like to prescribe this medication for pain. It is a form of NSAID. At the hospital, the OS wanted to prescribe this med for me, but I know I couldn't take this med because of my kidney problems. So, do question about anything that you are going to put in your body.
  • Not to give a drug a "bad rap" before you do all your homework. Some people who are allergic to certain sulpha drugs are NOT allergic to the individual sulpha component in Celebrex.

I can personally attest to this.

I have an allergy to certain sulpha drugs, however am not allergic to anything in Celebrex.

It's like saying a person is allergic to pollen when they are allergic to only one or a few types of pollen.

Celebrex is a great drug for many people.

What I find curious, is why an individual would register here and blast a very popular and necessary drug on a public forum as their very first post.

"C"
  • Just found this one myself. Kind of wondering why myself, perhaps it is another case of spam,Just my thought also.

mark
  • ...very odd!
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

advertisement
This discussion has been closed.